Wrong Bike at the Wrong Time???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It IS tongue in cheek guys....

A shining example of the writing style......

The guys is not serious......Read it again....

You don't insult with glowing praise...

I don't think so, if that's true why has he just for this one bike changed his writing style. Read some of his other articles, as an example, read the one on Boss Hoss; the king of excess! Not biting and sarcastic at all.

I can't believe how upset some of you are getting. Let the bike/sales do the talking and forget about what some of these guys are saying via diharea of the mouth.

Perhaps it is the wrong bike at the wrong time? One thing is for sure, time will tell though. I'd love to own it, just too much coin for me.

I retract my earlier comment that Lucino, the writer, wrote this tongue in cheek.

I went back and read it, and MORE importantly went back and read all the comments and Lucinos responses and he is most clearly not tongue in cheek, he is dead serious.........

He also a Moron with all his errors.....

I retract my earlier comment that Lucino, the writer, wrote this tongue in cheek.

I went back and read it, and MORE importantly went back and read all the comments and Lucinos responses and he is most clearly not tongue in cheek, he is dead serious.........

He also a Moron with all his errors.....

Yeah, glad you did that, this one quote was the clincher, referring to his glowing reviews of the Boss Hoss, Rocket , et all:

"Note that those other articles were written almost a year and a half ago when the world's fuel and even ecological situation was very different than it is today. After the events of the past year and a half, I am now firmly convinced that high powered superbikes of any configuration must be taken off the streets."

In other words, he has completely soured on motorcycling as a hobby and motorcycles are only used as a form of transportation if, and only if, it says Vino, Vespa or at the most Silver Wing! What a dork, needs to get out of the Moto Journalism business.

Yeah, glad you did that, this one quote was the clincher, referring to his glowing reviews of the Boss Hoss, Rocket , et all:

"Note that those other articles were written almost a year and a half ago when the world's fuel and even ecological situation was very different than it is today. After the events of the past year and a half, I am now firmly convinced that high powered superbikes of any configuration must be taken off the streets."

In other words, he has completely soured on motorcycling as a hobby and motorcycles are only used as a form of transportation if, and only if, it says Vino, Vespa or at the most Silver Wing! What a dork, needs to get out of the Moto Journalism business.

I agree

Unbelievable. I had to comment to him. :damn angry::bang head:

A marketeer, plain and simple. I have some other descriptions of the writer but I'll get to that in a moment.

He is not a hack Journo. He is a clever writer.

It was never his intention to rationally debate a point so there is no point in expecting a co-coherent debate of the issues with him.

His intent was to start an argument.

He is prepared to push his readers out of their comfort zones to solicit a reaction, positive or negative.

He wants you to get emotionally charged up, tell your friends, respond, post links and forward email which will, in turn, drive more traffic to his commercial web site.

He uses the techniques of a fisherman. He baits the reader and waits for the strike. He then plays the catch in the comments forum while the bystanders watch and listen.

Caught you all. Hook, line and sinker.

His article, being a compilation of broadly supportable statements that latch onto logic and known fact, is intermingled with emotively contentious opinion that are specifically unsupportable with logic and known fact.

He does not care what side of any two-sided issue you are on. His narrative seeks attraction and reaction from both sides.

Don’t believe for one second that this hypocrite is sincere about his stance. He is a cynical propagandist whose primary aim is to manipulate the reader’s emotions so you will pay attention and react.

He does not care whose manufacturer your loyalties reside with.

He does not care what the consuming public want.

All he knows is that the reader’s top-of-mind awareness of environmental destruction, dwindling resources, energy costs, economic meltdown is NOW and is characterised by fear, uncertainty and doubt.

He can exploit that fear, uncertainty and doubt if he can find the right bait for his hook.

Enter the 2009 V-max. The most eagerly anticipated motorcycle of the New Amercian Century. The cult legend. The bike that can’t be ignored by riders loyal to other brands. A mark that has a huge anticipatory audience thanks to 25 years of press and road exposure of the VMX1200 and years of pre-release marketing by Yamaha and the Yamaha funded press. A new bike with a following of multi-decade hard core loyalists, a separate and larger anticipatory audience already interested and an even bigger audience with at least some awareness of it.

Now take the thing of adoration that the audience is paying attention to and attach to that object the emotion of the top-of-mind fear, uncertainty and doubt from your current worst nightmares by saying it’s an anachronistic ugly dinosaur, lacks technical innovation, environmentally irresponsible, downright criminal and ridden by socially irresponsible hooligans who’s only concern is the impending death of innocent families in their sensible vehicles.

MASSIVE REACTION - from all sides.

Marketeer wins. You lose.

Bottom line this guy is a clever, cynical, hypocritical, fascist fuck and the best way to handle him is to deprive him of any traffic to his site by not publicizing his work.

Now if you'll excuse me, the V-max is warmed up, school just got out and I'm off to terrorize some soccer mum's at the local pre-school.

Gleno....you said it all !!!

I read all the article and posts....and before I read your post here, I came to the same conclusion !

I didnt wrote anything, even if I didnt liked to be "stamped" has a "Innocent Killer" just because of what bike i ride !!!

Geee.....seems like 60' or something....anyone riding a custom bike would be an outlaw ??

He takes profit from beeing polemic ! I wonder if ANYONE wrote in their hubs....what would happen....

Probably, like dinasours...we would disappear from the face of the hearth !!! :rofl_200:

A marketeer, plain and simple. I have some other descriptions of the writer but I'll get to that in a moment.

He is not a hack Journo. He is a clever writer.

It was never his intention to rationally debate a point so there is no point in expecting a co-coherent debate of the issues with him.

His intent was to start an argument.

He is prepared to push his readers out of their comfort zones to solicit a reaction, positive or negative.

He wants you to get emotionally charged up, tell your friends, respond, post links and forward email which will, in turn, drive more traffic to his commercial web site.

He uses the techniques of a fisherman. He baits the reader and waits for the strike. He then plays the catch in the comments forum while the bystanders watch and listen.

Caught you all. Hook, line and sinker.

His article, being a compilation of broadly supportable statements that latch onto logic and known fact, is intermingled with emotively contentious opinion that are specifically unsupportable with logic and known fact.

He does not care what side of any two-sided issue you are on. His narrative seeks attraction and reaction from both sides.

Don?t believe for one second that this hypocrite is sincere about his stance. He is a cynical propagandist whose primary aim is to manipulate the reader?s emotions so you will pay attention and react.

He does not care whose manufacturer your loyalties reside with.

He does not care what the consuming public want.

All he knows is that the reader?s top-of-mind awareness of environmental destruction, dwindling resources, energy costs, economic meltdown is NOW and is characterised by fear, uncertainty and doubt.

He can exploit that fear, uncertainty and doubt if he can find the right bait for his hook.

Enter the 2009 V-max. The most eagerly anticipated motorcycle of the New Amercian Century. The cult legend. The bike that can?t be ignored by riders loyal to other brands. A mark that has a huge anticipatory audience thanks to 25 years of press and road exposure of the VMX1200 and years of pre-release marketing by Yamaha and the Yamaha funded press. A new bike with a following of multi-decade hard core loyalists, a separate and larger anticipatory audience already interested and an even bigger audience with at least some awareness of it.

Now take the thing of adoration that the audience is paying attention to and attach to that object the emotion of the top-of-mind fear, uncertainty and doubt from your current worst nightmares by saying it?s an anachronistic ugly dinosaur, lacks technical innovation, environmentally irresponsible, downright criminal and ridden by socially irresponsible hooligans who?s only concern is the impending death of innocent families in their sensible vehicles.

MASSIVE REACTION - from all sides.

Marketeer wins. You lose.

Bottom line this guy is a clever, cynical, hypocritical, fascist fuck and the best way to handle him is to deprive him of any traffic to his site by not publicizing his work.

Now if you'll excuse me, the V-max is warmed up, school just got out and I'm off to terrorize some soccer mum's at the local pre-school.

:clapping:

Latest posts

Back