• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Kerker muffler or similar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPower

Reaction score
I damaged my muffler and need a muffler that will fit the Kerker 4-2-1 setup.

Thanks for the space!
-------MaxPower-------

Try Heretic on this forum.

Howard, you still have your old muffler?

Mark

yea, we have a few carbons and I think I even have a few cans laying around. If it's not crushed I may be able to straighten it and get it chromed (which looks good too).

Sean

yea, we have a few carbons and I think I even have a few cans laying around. If it's not crushed I may be able to straighten it and get it chromed (which looks good too).

Sean

It is crushed beyond repair. How much for a carbon? I need one by July 8th for a big local drag meet.

Thanks,
-Brian-

Don't want to piss on you territory Sean, but I bought a carbon fiber Kerker replacement can from Mario Aguier (made by HMF) and it is very nice and very inexpensive. You can contact Mario at [email protected]

I still have my Kerker can but its pretty beat up.

Yea, we had a can from Mario and it was nice enough. Don't recall his pricing though??? Also, he was not supposed to sell anymore with the kerker label since he had been threatened by them a few years back. Now, if he has changed and is actually using true Kerker carbon fiber cans they are very expensive new. What I have is the true kerker stuff though we buy them used on ebay that were generally damaged in some way. I shorten them (they are very long to start with) and adapt them to fit the max. There may be pics of what they look like on here in my chrome bike thread but I can't post another one since I am over quota.

I had (and have) one of marios cans that the end cap fell off (after the muffler fell apart more then once) and he could not get me a replacement one so I have one with no guts if you want a really loud one! I'm not saying the can is crap but the mounting of the parts together wasn't exactly great. It still is a nice can and sounded good. We just had to pick up the parts off the highway more then once and the last time we didn't find them all.

Sean Morley

What I have is the true kerker stuff though we buy them used on ebay that were generally damaged in some way. I shorten them (they are very long to start with) and adapt them to fit the max.

How much shipped to 55303?

I purchased the can from Mario for $185 w/ shipping. For that low of a price I was not expecting much quality wise, but to my un-trained eye it looks as good as any Kerker can that I have seen. I've had it for 3 months and probably 1000 miles or so and it still looks good. I am not a fan of the sound though as much as my old Kerker 2.5 baffle (alot quieter though), it is a 2.5 baffle with a 2 1\4 outlet and the sound tends to 'flutter' above 4k RPM. The look is much better though. The can is apparently made by HMF, so the quality shouldn't be too bad.

new exhaust0013.jpg

new exhaust0012.jpg

Bought a new replacement straight from Kerker for $270

Admins can close this now if they wish, thanks for the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back