Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
So the Max is sold and I have an opportunity to get a smoking deal on a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture. Bike has approximately 40K miles and is clean. Anyone have any info on these bikes, the good the bad and the ugly? I know it's not an FJR but it's a Yamaha, and it's a V4, and the pillion is like a damn Lazy Boy. Maybe I'm just being impatient as there are no FJR's for sale in my neck of the woods but it sure is a pretty bike.

Sold the Vmax for a lower power bike with similar motor (many internals can interchange).

Sold the Vmax for a lower power bike with similar motor (many internals can interchange).
Not sure I understand your point... I can go fast on a ton of different bikes including a Vmax, but I decided that having my wife ride with me was more important than going fast. Fast is fast and if I get an FJR I can at least pour it into the corners fast. I'm just weighing options and looking to find out what others might know about different bikes before I purchase (like crappy 2nd gears on early Vmax).

The Royal Star isn't much different then the Vmax was the point. Some cosmetics and less power. Same basic driveline though different gearing. Less compression, smaller cams, and different exhaust configuration. The block even has the casting built into it for the vmax side covers though it would look funny with them installed.

Sean

Back