Yes another LED question/ issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
Well I replaced all 4 stock turn signals with LED mini signals, I did put a new flasher relay in, when I would turn the left or right on all 4 would blink:bang head:

I did some research on the site and I removed the indicator light and it stopped, then I installed a diode on the indicator and put the bulb back in and it worked once then went back to all 4 again, I put the wiring back to the way it was with no bulb and it they blink like they should:ummm:

My question, is it ok to leave it this way without the idiot light, or do I have to install resistors at each signal?

Thank you in advance:biglaugh:

Hey man! I'm at the step where I just replaced them with LEDs and haven't changed anything, currently all 4 blink when I turn on the signals (I have an 85)

Not sure exactly what I want to do to correct it, either.

I don't personally care about the idiot light so if anyone could also help inform me that would be awesome

What i did on mine several ears ago;

1.-I unplug flasher wire from original unit and use a heav-duty flasher unit (2 pins)

2.-I ad two ``93bulb``(car posiion bulb) one for left end one for right, plug in paralel way, hide in front spot.

I know there`s an electric diagram to do it more professional in an old tread here, but my way work`s good

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

In another subject; for the front position/flasher light, you can blink a two wire LED by using a micro-relay for flasher as needed.
It can help some Biker who fall for some kind of LED wich only have two wires instead of three

I thought I installed it just like the pic you had on here. :ummm:

Is there a finished wiring diagram that shows the diode installed?

I have led turn signals in the front and bulb ones in the back and mine flash at the stock rate like normal. Whats funny is the rear ones run micro bulbs and are brighter than the larger led ones in the front.

Nice, the ones I have are pretty bright, I am trying to find out if I'm ok to run it without the idiot dash light and no diode, it seems ok just don't wanna do any damage???

I did some research on the site and I removed the indicator light and it stopped, then I installed a diode on the indicator and put the bulb back in and it worked once.....
My question, is it ok to leave it this way without the idiot light, or do I have to install resistors at each signal?

Short answer is 'yes'. See reply #5 here.

I thought I installed it just like the pic you had on here. :ummm:

Is there a finished wiring diagram that shows the diode installed?

By that answer, do you mean you have the diode installed in the same location as the one in the picture? Or do you mean you have it installed in the same location as the one in the picture AND in the same direction, polarity wise, as the one in the picture? I ask this because a whole lot of folks may not know that diodes are directional, and must be installed in the right direction.

By that answer, do you mean you have the diode installed in the same location as the one in the picture? Or do you mean you have it installed in the same location as the one in the picture AND in the same direction, polarity wise, as the one in the picture? I ask this because a whole lot of folks may not know that diodes are directional, and must be installed in the right direction.

Yes I am one of those people I see now what I did wrong, thank you!

Has anyone ever installed an LED bulb in the indicator socket on the dash to see if this would fix the blinker issue?

I swapped out my pigtails on my 07 Max because Yamaha has their socket pins for 1156 and 1157 bulbs on a 45Degree. You can't buy led bulbs with that pin configuration. Now I have the traditional opposite socket pins and I can buy my leds for my signal lamps anywhere. Here is my problem(not a biggy). I have leds on the front signals with the (all over the internet) led flasher with the red and black wire. I took out the Yammy OEM signal flasher, hooked up only the two wires suggested and was told I wouldn't have the self cancelling which is ok. The hyper flashing stopped.Great right.The front leds and rear incandescents work and flash properly. My problem is when I replace the rear incadescents with leds....all 4 flashers blink in unison. I tried putting a resistor on each rear signal but it didn't do squat for me. Any Gurus out there that may close this issue for me?

Rocky8710, try what I did. Remove the bulb from the turn signal indicator located in the dash where the tach is located if it stops the you need to install a diode behind the socket, there is a diagram on this I believe on this site somewhere. But just an fyi, the diodes are directional , I learned the hard way....

Last edited:
Thank You muchly. I will try and find the diagram. I'm a new member and don't know my way around much yet on this forum.

Thanks for welcoming me. The age of computers. This is so neat to talk to everyone with a Max. I took out the indicator bulb on the week end and my 4 blinkers work great....no problems, and put on 300K. I'm trying to source out an led indicator bulb and if I find one and it works I will post the result.

Search bright gauges or something like that for the dash lights.I got led indicators from Ddmtuning.com

Back