You want $50 of my money, come and race me for it.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1270131_627049100662132_918755839_o.jpg

Can't find my best time slip, but here are a couple..... note the crappy 60 ft's! Bike wouldn't ET well and kept spinning the tire at the top of each gear.

So you can get your dial and beat me out if you can make a solid run even if you are slower.

Todd

Yep thats all we will see Todd tripping a red. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL.....is this where you come looking for a race? Try here: http://www.psychobike.com/

Good luck!

Ok I am going to put it out there to any fast street bike.

$50 to the guy that can run the best of 3 against me in a heads up no nitrous STREET ridden bike. I don't want to see a grudge bike show up that isn't a licensed and daily ridden bike. Because thats what I ll be running and so should you. To prove it, I will ride my bike up there 50 miles, pull through the gates and right to the stagings lanes. You should do the same. I will bring a truck and trailer in case we break. ( knock on wood ).

Its a .500 tree and anything faster than 11.99 must have full gear ( meaning leather pants for more serious machines, or atleast some type of protective pants for slower bikes ). You should be well faster than an 11.99 if you want to come out for the $50.

The track ( if we go to Lapeer ) is a little bumpy on the top end, if you run faster than 150 mph you will notice it. I am giving you a heads up on that. I ve done 160 mph and it makes me nervous sometimes.

I ll offer $25 to the guy that can tree me with a better reaction time and $25 to the guy that wants to bracket race and runs closer to his dial than I do.

Heads up will be run on a Test N Tune day or on a Race day that has TNT running in between. Brackets will be run on TNT days and Race days and you will have to give your ET before we line up if its a TNT only day. Obviously RT times can be anything.

So lets pick a date, a place ( in Michigan, I ll get you out of state guys at some point in 2014 ) and make it happen!

And of course.... you want to smack talk and run for more money.... then let it begin!

I challenge you to put your money where you mouth is! :punk:

Of course this is for fun, but some of you guys I think need a little prodding to get to the track and have some fun!

And to be honest, you guys that have gone with me, know I am super helpful with teaching you how to race.

So lets be serious guys, lets make this happen. Lets have a good turnout and have some fun! If you have never been to the track, its a good time and its safe!

Todd

Not sure where I'm at with $$ yet this year so chances are I won't be competition for you but I'll see if my friend Kevin wants to go on his ZX12, might surprise you ;)

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

On red lighting... ANYONE that is hitting single digit reaction times is going to also have red lights. In fact, I think I lit the red more then not when were handicap racing. There's just something about watching that other guy go away from you while your waiting for the tree.

I was at a track down in Florida and the guy that always won his bracket was riding one of those old "Hondamatic" bikes. He was slow for a 750, but ALWAYS turned the same time.

The more the merrier. I hope you have the vmax done. I would like to see it run.

Todd

It'll be out one way or another but most likely will still have the stock engine in it, I did finally figure out the nitrous so I'd kinda like to see if I can crack the 9's with this engine anyway.

I ll bring my go pro and I might buy another one as well. But if you come out or we hook up someplace, we can mount it on your bike for some cool footage.

Todd

Todd I think he wll know if you try to put a 100lbs camara on his bike. Nice try.:rofl_200:

Damn it you busted me....

Todd whats that round 50 lb disc you say is the mounting plate for the camera?:rofl_200:

That'd eliminate the wheelie problem and I could bring the juice in faster!! lol

Not too fair inviting a bunch of Vmax's to come run with your 14 lol. Closest to dial and best RT at least does make it as fair as you can get when it comes down to mismatched bikes. I need to get out and make some visits around the country for sure!

If you're doing RT's and Closest to Dial I see no reason why you need to race any particular bike. Just get everyones' slip and compare at the end of the event. Best of the event wins! Even with drag bikes and street bikes. I supposed a drag bike could possibly be more consistent for the dial but should not make a difference on the RT's.

It would even be fun to include any slips submitted from other tracks on the same day! Like having a nationwide event at multiple locations at the same time!

Its not a race if my opponent is not in the lane next to me. I do have fun talking about drag racing on the forum but like I said its not a race unless we are both on the same track. You could set up a forum race that would be fun. But I would like to hit a few different tracks in mi oh in and have race with anyone who could make it. I have always wanted to race at norwalk.

I understand the "spirit" of what Todd is trying to do here and I think it's a good thing cause he's just trying to get people to race their bikes but there really aren't that many on here that do that. It's a bit of a hit on the ego when you think your bike is fast and you get there and struggle to get into the 11's (I started this way too) and you have pretty stock 750's handing you your ass not to speak of Busa's and 14's. I will say on stock bikes the Busa's and 14's aren't as fast as some would leave you to believe unless the rider is light and just plain talented, seen a pair of gen 2 Busa's at the track last year with pipes and lowered and having trouble getting into the 9's. 14's that are lowered, geared, pipe, pc, clutch mods, stretched usually run in the 9.3-9.5 range but more stock its the same deal 10.0-9.8's but I've never seen anyone race a new 14 (2013 model) personally. Before anyone talks about how easy that is to do on a bike like that and how they are so much faster than that I'll ask this, have you done it? There's always gonna be someone faster no matter what your riding, I just like that I'm riding and racing something different :)

Just my 2 cents... I think the bets should be heads up. You line up against Todd and THAT is the RT that counts. Otherwise you could go out there a dozen times, starting by leaving when the 3 light go out and work down until you stop redlighting. Basically you would just be racing the light. same on the dial in- only counts if the guy in the other lane is racing against a dial in. The way I see it is that Todd is risking $$$ mostly just to get folks out, this isn't about trying to extract the most money possible from the man.

I haven't raced at Lapeer in a long time, do they have LEDs in the tree yet?
Just thinking out load, But I found the best way to launch a shaft bike was to hold the bike against a slipping clutch for the launch, while I used to just dump the clutch on my drag bikes. Thinking one might put a hard street tire on a max and dump the clutch to get the best reaction time. basically you would be letting the clutch lock up and the rear wheel slip. That would be more consistent so you could "tune" where to release the clutch. Wouldn't be worth crap for winning races, but for a hole shot we are talking about a race for a couple of inches.

In the end, I think you will find the lighter bikes will have the advantage. I think there should be some sort of special mention for best 60ft time too. Maybe a t shirt with "60ft king" on it, or Todd could just engrave it on something (like his bike <BMFG>)

Mike, If you plan on doing a lot of racing with that 'busa, you should set your self up with a longer swing arm. On my street bike I made one that was 10" longer and had a slot at the stock wheel base spot. When I set up for drag racing, I moved the axel back to the end slot and changed the chain. When I was going on a road ride, the short chain and axel in the stock position were the order of the day. I went even further then that, and had a different sprocket on a special wheel for the extended position. My little trick on the rear sprocket was to gear for 9500 at the speed I was getting in the quarter. that gave me a really short 1st gear, so I lunched in 2nd gear. BTW, the "special" wheel was build on a spoolie hub for a flat tracker. These allowed you to mount a different sprocket on each side. I never did that, I just ran with no real break at all.

I think alot of people are missing the fun part of this. Its not about making money. If you make $25 off me and are tickled, awesome. But its about getting us together to do something new and safe. The only person I ve seen at the track with me has been Vmax Mike. I know Scott goes out. But other than that I hear people say all the time that they raced this or that on the street and showed those litre bike boys blah blah blah.... well now here is a chance to go and see what you can really do, it a safe environment with our friends around having a good time!

Todd

Back