z-boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
saw it e-bay, 3 bifferent selections for v-boost, do any of you guys use this, yea or na.

Attachments

• 1603099488158080_1.jpg
    1603099488158080_1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 98
saw it e-bay, 3 bifferent selections for v-boost, do any of you guys use this, yea or na.

Its another spin-off of the Tboost setup. Sep' instead of 3000-0ff-6000 rpm operation its 3000-off-open.

I have the tboost cause I like to turn off the Vboost when I'm touring, (it gets me a few extra mpg.) Otherwise I leave it on the stock opening of 6k for just general riding.

I think this would be cool if you had a stage 7 or equiv carb kit. As it would give you the bennie of having it open all the time like some of the owners run, then put it back to 3k or off to make syncing the carbs easier.

Otherwise, just search for T boost and fab your own for a fraction of the cost.

Its another spin-off of the Tboost setup. Sep' instead of 3000-0ff-6000 rpm operation its 3000-off-open.

I have the tboost cause I like to turn off the Vboost when I'm touring, (it gets me a few extra mpg.) Otherwise I leave it on the stock opening of 6k for just general riding.

I think this would be cool if you had a stage 7 or equiv carb kit. As it would give you the bennie of having it open all the time like some of the owners run, then put it back to 3k or off to make syncing the carbs easier.

Otherwise, just search for T boost and fab your own for a fraction of the cost.

so kj would you buy it or not, i respect your thoughts, you seem to know what you are talking about, thanks for reply. dave

so kj would you buy it or not, i respect your thoughts, you seem to know what you are talking about, thanks for reply. dave

I don't know about that part where I know what I'm talking about. :biglaugh:

but no, I wouldn't buy it.

I would make your own 3k-off-6k version to play with, and if you want your vboost to stay open all the time, just unplug it during the initial startup cycle while its in the open position.

Here is a thread about the Tboost.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2318&highlight=tboost

I don't know about that part where I know what I'm talking about. :biglaugh:

but no, I wouldn't buy it.

I would make your own 3k-off-6k version to play with, and if you want your vboost to stay open all the time, just unplug it during the initial startup cycle while its in the open position.

Here is a thread about the Tboost.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2318&highlight=tboost

can you explain futher how to have the vboost on all the time, pics would be great, and pros and cons. toadface magoo

Here is the instructions on how to make your own Tboost:
http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/TBoost.htm

As for a way to keep your vboost open all the time:

-Remove the left scoop

-Turn on the ignition, your going to hear 3 noises. the first noise is the Vboost opening, the second is the Vboost closing and the third is the removal of slack in the line.

-After you hear the first noise, unplug the Vbost controller. voila! open Vboost. Now you can enjoy a thumpy idle (pro) going to be runing on the rich side (con). You'll get more bennies out of it being always open if your running a carb kit and a pipe.:punk: Running with the Vboost open on a Stage 7 helps in the midrange.

There are some pictures at the link at the top of this post. Here is a picture, the Vboost controller is on the right.

I'm sure someone will chime in too and make this more clear:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Vboost controller.jpg
    Vboost controller.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back