Zx12r

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagherra

Reaction score
Just sharing...I picked this up about a month ago. I hope you guys don't mind the Kawi. :)

mc2.jpg

mc2.jpg

It has dynoed verified 200+rwhp. Lots of work done to it. I appreciate both bikes...wife likes to ride the Vmax. She has a more comfortable seat. :biglaugh:

I'm a fan also, I just sold my 04 ZX10R this spring it looked a lot like your 12. I kinda miss the power and speed sometimes, you have a nice bike for sure. I had the ZX10R and a 85 Vmax at the same time also, it was fun to switch up between the two.

I had the zx12 just sold it begining of summer to finish my max project..I have an 05 zx10 last yr and an 08 zx14...Im a Kawi guy all the way,,but for power cruisers u cant replace a max ever..

The zx12 I had was a sick beast ,,,well like anything I get I work it up to be a beast..the zx12 was something special ..I had it bored out and ported polished ,cams the bike was just insane...Just a little tall though..

My max project took priority though.. 12-1 compression,,,dyna 3000,,,vgas,,,stage 3 cams,,ported polished heads from pcw,,,,nitrous wet kit,,,see through covers,,,gsxr front end,,,sportbike rim in front ,,custom light weight rim in back,,,,,r1 r/r ,,,all tins replaced with lightweight plastics,, ,,,u get the picture ,,big bucks spent..

I had the zx12 just sold it begining of summer to finish my max project..I have an 05 zx10 last yr and an 08 zx14...Im a Kawi guy all the way,,but for power cruisers u cant replace a max ever..

The zx12 I had was a sick beast ,,,well like anything I get I work it up to be a beast..the zx12 was something special ..I had it bored out and ported polished ,cams the bike was just insane...Just a little tall though..

My max project took priority though.. 12-1 compression,,,dyna 3000,,,vgas,,,stage 3 cams,,ported polished heads from pcw,,,,nitrous wet kit,,,see through covers,,,gsxr front end,,,sportbike rim in front ,,custom light weight rim in back,,,,,r1 r/r ,,,all tins replaced with lightweight plastics,, ,,,u get the picture ,,big bucks spent..

:ttiwwp:

Thanks guys. I'm glad to see there are fans. I like the ZX12R since I don't see many of them around me. Busas are everywhere.

Sweet bike! I was working on a deal for one in Kentucky when I came across a great deal on the ZZR 1200 that I wound up buying. I couldn't pass up the deal but my first choice was the ZX12. I love the ZX12 for its unique look and even in stock form its a balls out bike with an insane top end. Also the suspension is far superior to the ZZR and with 200 HP that bad boy will keep your attention for a while. That bike is the perfect compliment to the Vmax although sometimes you may have trouble choosing which to ride! Nice purchace and hopefully your wife was as happy as mine generally is when I show up with a new bike, LOL!

Sweet bike! I was working on a deal for one in Kentucky when I came across a great deal on the ZZR 1200 that I wound up buying. I couldn't pass up the deal but my first choice was the ZX12. I love the ZX12 for its unique look and even in stock form its a balls out bike with an insane top end. Also the suspension is far superior to the ZZR and with 200 HP that bad boy will keep your attention for a while. That bike is the perfect compliment to the Vmax although sometimes you may have trouble choosing which to ride! Nice purchace and hopefully your wife was as happy as mine generally is when I show up with a new bike, LOL!
I've been lucky...she's been really cool about my passions - bikes and cars. My lowest HP car is 400rwhp...I have a thing about speed and modding. :)

Nice bike bro! I hear you on the speed bug - once bitten it's hard to find a cure......

Yankee

Last edited:
Here is the pair I had, 04 ZX10R and my 85 Vmax. Sold them both this spring and replaced them with an 05 Vmax.

Attachments

• vmax and ninja 001.jpg
    vmax and ninja 001.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 12
  • vmax and ninja 008.jpg
    vmax and ninja 008.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back