same old jetting questions :(

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the next size down from stock: PAJ#2 167.5?

My screws are already out 3, 3+ I don't wanna go too far out.

Where can I find the screws (catalogs)?
Does anybody have part numbers or info?

soo close I can taste it.

Yep, stockers are 170. They go in 2.5 increments.

The screws can go farther than 5 turns if necessary. When that happens, either need to clean carbs or valves are out of adjustment.

Ok, Ok,

Bike runs great, Idle good no rise or fall, sync double checked, good rubber boots.

I'm getting a slight hang up (float, rise) at 3,000rpm when I blip the throttle only at 3,000 and nowhere else.
I checked the throttle cables and I don't feel any binding: flick, flick= click, click.

Is this a needle setting or something else.

It is very subtle almost not worth mentioning but it's there.

3k rpm is not the needle cicut,Its the (idle)pilot circut.I am having the same problem right now.My idle mixture screws are out 5 turns.I am going to put bigger pilot jets in.5&1/2 turns and they will fall out.That would suck out on the road somewhere.

Wouldn't putting bigger PAJ's in make it leaner?

Should it be a smaller PAJ to increase richness? i.e. smaller jet less air?

Or am I just confused right now.

I got carbs on the brain, I need to step back and take a breath?

He's putting in pilot fuel jets. (PFJ). Probably going up to 42.5's.

Do I have to take the float bowl off to change out the main jets? and if I do i read in the Clymer that I have to replace that oring and the gaskets around the float. does this sound correct? where do i get the gasket kit for the float bowl? cause if im taking carbs off im using carb cleaner and spraying out all the jets.
Anything I need to be watching out for when I take the carbs out?

No, just remove carbs from boots and remove small brass hex nut on the cover of each float bowl cover. Carefully losen the main jet and then use a toothpick to carefully remove. If you drop the jet, you'll have to remove the float bowl covers to get it out.

Use online fiche at www.ronnies.com to figure out what gasket/o-rings. Or, you can use this attachement. When I rebuilt my carbs several years ago I replaced all gaskets and all o-rings.

Attachments

• CARB PARTS.doc
    32 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back