I need help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstyn8

Reaction score
As I sit in front of a family video and type this on my phone I wonder what could be wrong with my bike......I did the crimp fix a few days ago because the bike was not charging the battery well at all I would ride it for about 3 days and the batt would be dead I bought a batt tender and hook it up everynight now and since I did the crimp fix it seems to be worse as I can only go about a day or so. Well tonight I was riding I went about 100 miles and the batt was so dead I had to push start the bike. Driving a long after a second push the bike died on me at an intersection and now I can't even get it push started.when I get home I plan on checking the crimp making sure its still good probably just going to redo it. What else could be wrong? I know the batt is good I had ikt tested not to long ago. Could it be the voltage reg or do I just need to get a whole new charging system? If so how much does that usually run? I would really love to get it going asap cause its great riding weather right now.I've rambled on long enough so ill just go check out some other threads while I sit and wait for the trailer. Thanks for the help in advance this really is a great forum!

58.95 at Python motorsports is where I got mine. I had the same problem and changes the reg/rec and problems went away. Just my idea to help but maybe someone else can give some better advice.
Good luck!!!

Probably will be purchasing that as soon as I get home lol I wonder if I could find one in town somewhere so I don't have to wait on the shipping

Get a newer version which is a lot more stable. OR, you can do a search on how to install an R1 regulator which is also more stable.

Sean

which would be better the R1 regulator or the python?

i believe the early model was 85 to 92 and the later model has fins for cooling and a ground wire

I think b4 getting a new R/R you should first make sure your charging system is actually working.
Check the attached pic for checking the voltage..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-12 at 10.44.58 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-04-12 at 10.44.58 AM.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back