Fits in venture. & royal star?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I was looking around the local cycle shop today. Looked at the worrier.. Nice lookin V2 cruiser. And found a V4 royal star tour deluxe 'harley lookalike'. Is that the same engine block as the Vmax?:ummm:

:punk:

I was looking around the local cycle shop today. Looked at the worrier.. Nice lookin V2 cruiser. And found a V4 royal star tour deluxe 'harley lookalike'. Is that the same engine block as the Vmax?:ummm:

:punk:

"worrier"? Hmmm....please post a pic.:ummm:

Aware of that. is the royal star the same platform?

From outward appearance I would say you could shoehorn the Vmax engine into a royal star..........my co-worker has one ........I'll take a closer look....

Should fit fine but will likely require some custom exhaust work.

Sean

Should fit fine but will likely require some custom exhaust work.

Sean

Since the the block is the same, the exhaust ports would be in the same place..:confused2:

So this bike is another candidate?:punk:

Since the the block is the same, the exhaust ports would be in the same place..:confused2:

So this bike is another candidate?:punk:

The heads/block/side covers/ect..... are NOT the same for the Royal Star. The entire engine would likely swap into the frame but as noted the exhaust will need to be modified and the intake will likely need some work too (maybe just airbox).

Sean

The block is basically the same thing and would bolt right in. As mentioned, the exhaust would be a problem. The difference is the exhaust ports of the heads. The ports on the VMX heads come straight out, where the ports on the Royal Star heads are splayed outwards on an angle so the head pipes can clear the frame. It's been done though. I used to have pictures and scans of a magazine article of a bike called the Batman where a guy put a VMX engine in a Royal Star frame. (I've lost them though.) So it can be done, but I don't know what's involved with that exhaust. It's also difficult to find enough room under the tank for properly sized carburetors. I think this guy had velocity stacks through the tank. I would think it would be easier to hop up the Royal Star engine. Then you still have an 800 lb. bike.

The block is basically the same thing and would bolt right in. As mentioned, the exhaust would be a problem. The difference is the exhaust ports of the heads. So it can be done, but I don't know what's involved with that exhaust. It's also difficult to find enough room under the tank for properly sized carburetors. I think this guy had velocity stacks through the tank. I would think it would be easier to hop up the Royal Star engine. Then you still have an 800 lb. bike.

I would like to own a touring bike one day. I was just dreaming about opening up a 120 mph touring bike on a deserted stretch of montana highway.

And the royal star looks so much better than the 1st gen venture..

Once you own a Vmax is hard to step down in power.

Back