Why I like my Metzlers...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Just got back from my second weekend out on the bike. I have put over 1000 miles on it in the last two weekends of riding and A LOT of corners. This weekend was amazing and I now know why I spend the big dollars and buy good tires...:worthy:

I rode for two+ hours on this tire looking like this... While it was a bit squearmy(sp?) jumping into the corners it settled right out when hard on the edge!:punk: If you are thinking about Metzlers... Buy them... These are my Roadtec Z6's on my SV1000S with just over 4000 miles... Great tire!

:cheers:

Attachments

• 100_2336#2.jpg
    100_2336#2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 121
I wanted to switch to Metzlers. But I needed a front tire for the 4th Ride this week. And two different places I went to this weekend did not have one in stock. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! And as usual Boxenstopp was closed.
So I went with the Dunlop Qualifier. And Naturally the only one they had was raised WHITE letters.
Nothing seems to go right for me this year, dammit!

What did you do to it?Looked like new a week earlier at thunder.Big time burnouts?

That's what my tire looked like after Thunder from doing burnouts on the assfault.

Mark

Yep...it was my own dumb-ass fault that I ruined a good tire. lol

Mark

What did you do to it?Looked like new a week earlier at thunder.Big time burnouts?

It has over 4000 miles on it...

One trip to the Dragon and 3 to the roads in Wisconsin and one to Thunder...

It was really twitchy to start out with this weekend so I knew it was toast...

I just spent 694 dollars on 4 new tires today... 2 for the Max and two for the SV... Not to mention the money spent on two new wheels from Bill at Wild Brothers...

It hurts a lot...

Hey guys...

Just got back from my second weekend out on the bike. I have put over 1000 miles on it in the last two weekends of riding and A LOT of corners. This weekend was amazing and I now know why I spend the big dollars and buy good tires...:worthy:

I rode for two+ hours on this tire looking like this... While it was a bit squearmy(sp?) jumping into the corners it settled right out when hard on the edge!:punk: If you are thinking about Metzlers... Buy them... These are my Roadtec Z6's on my SV1000S with just over 4000 miles... Great tire!

:cheers:

Good photo. That's what I mean about a tread depth indicator being needed for the centre of the tyre. It's hard to predict when that steel belt is going to poke through.

Good photo. That's what I mean about a tread depth indicator being needed for the centre of the tyre. It's hard to predict when that steel belt is going to poke through.

Yeah but what I notice is that when tread runs through the center of the tire it makes the tire run warmer and therefore wear faster. I can now tell when the Zeds are done. They feel like you're riding on ice or like the tire lost all air.

Latest posts

Back