Who makes adapters besides Quality Parts Online?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon6.0

Reaction score
I just scored some R1 calipers and rotors on Ebay for a 2003 R1. Now I need some adapters. I tried emailing Quality, but haven't heard back yet.

So who else makes some?

Talk to Sean Morley one2dmax is his forum name and I'm sure he will be on here soon to speak up.

I've got adapters for 4 piston tokico and stock rotots and also adapters for 6 piston huyabusa calipers with larger rotors. I don't have the R1 sets.

Sean

I've got adapters for 4 piston tokico and stock rotots and also adapters for 6 piston huyabusa calipers with larger rotors. I don't have the R1 sets.

Sean

How much for the Hayabusa adapters? What years of Busa can I get calipers from? 298mm rotor size?

I'm getting the adapterd powder coated (though you can buy them as is or we can chrome them too). I will be selling them at $20 for uncoated and $30 for coated. $50 for chrome. Get a set of later model Vmax Rotors and you're in business.

Sean

I'm getting the adapterd powder coated (though you can buy them as is or we can chrome them too). I will be selling them at $20 for uncoated and $30 for coated. $50 for chrome. Get a set of later model Vmax Rotors and you're in business.

Sean

Looks like I'll be selling the R1 calipers I just bought. I also sent you a regular email about how to pay you.

Well i got R1 rotors ,and i too tried getting a hold of quality parts and he said he moved and won't be making any adaptors till winter:damn angry:

So i found a guy named Kieth from the UK that has a business called customvmax services. He too makes them and i tried 3 times to get him to respond by email and he won't get back to me:damn angry:

Looks like i'm S.O.L. unless someone has any other suggestions...

:th_help:

I've still got the busa adapters for the r1/vmax rotors and early forks.

Sean

This guy makes some very nice parts, no idea who he is just ran across it in looking for a swingarm brace kit; which he sells pre-fab ready to weld in.http://www.customvmaxservices.co.uk/
Rusty,That's the guy Keith who won't reply to my emails.I told him i was from the states, maybe he doesn't want to ship that far:confused2:Thanks anyway...

Rusty,That's the guy Keith who won't reply to my emails.I told him i was from the states, maybe he doesn't want to ship that far:confused2:Thanks anyway...

I made my own set of adapters to mount my 6 pot Tokicos on my VMax. You might want to consider that. It doesn't look as "polished" as a CNC job but it works the same.

That's a shame, his swing arm brace kit is less than a $100 USD, even with shipping it would be much less than anyone elses.

I did just email him tho' maybe I'll get a response???? We'll see....

The cheapest brace I can find in the states is Dale Walkers which isn't a "KIT" and is about $285 and i don't think includes notching....

Well i just P.m'D Sean about his Busa adaptors.
Looks like i'm going to buy a set of busa calipers from ebay , Then buy the adaptors from sean. I actually like the looks of the busa adaptors much better than the R1 adaptors anyway.

Now i have a set of R1 calipers i can't use, Anyone interested? Make me an offer...

You might want to give Keith another shot. I have dealt with him before and he really is top notch.

Good luck with the project

Frank

You might want to give Keith another shot. I have dealt with him before and he really is top notch.

Good luck with the project

Frank

I got an email response back from him in less than 24 hours.

He sells the complete kit shipped from UK to Texas for $125 usd and was willing to modify it to my specifications; my specification being to have the center vertical piece go to the existing cross piece in front of the tire instead of adding a new cross piece in front of the tire (see the middle picture); due to the extra cross piece being in the way since I'm running an 18" wheel and plan on going to a 200/55-18 which is about 3/4" taller I think than my current tire.

For someone who can MIG weld or have it done this is WAY the hell cheaper than sending one out, even if I have to pay to have it powder coated afterwards.

I really like the design of his brace becasue on the caliper side it comes down and then back up where you can SEE it. vain I know but if I'm going to brace it I want to be able to see the brace....it would also allow the use of a VERY short torque rod in the event I go to an underslung rear brake caliper.

Attachments

• swingarmbarce1.jpg
    swingarmbarce1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 20
  • swingarmbrace2.jpg
    swingarmbrace2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
  • swingarmbrace3.jpg
    swingarmbrace3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 8
Keith got back to me last week , a little late but that's ok.
he is sending me the adaptors this week.

Now for the next problem...
I called Mike at white buffalo for the galfer rotors.
I told him i want to buy rotors for my R1 caliper conversion.
He told me i have to buy floating rotors for the R1 calipers.
Fixed rotors won't work:ummm:
Big price difference floating>245.00 fixed>140.00
Is this correct or is he talking me into something i don't need?
Also, i could have sworn his prices were 115 for the fixed a month or so back.

Anybody know for sure?

Back