air fuel meter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thers no such a thing. Inexpensive are narrow witch is rather like lotto.
But you may try for example:
ba550b00.jpg

As far as i know this gauge will work with wideband sensor witch most usable is bosch LSU sensor.
Add about 100$ for that.

Also you will find many cheapo narrowband gauges on ebay but evry one of them will do the same.

If you want something really good, really really good:
http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3795

Or even more:
http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3724

Its all depends what do plan to do?

don't think Id hook it up permanently, just wanted to clip it in the exhaust can, tune and remove it. But were getting close, I like the tunertool.

i'd love to get something like that as well. the stationary ones look pretty straightforward but i'd want something i could ride with.

is the koso setup one u could just put the bracket at the end of the exhaust and ride around with?

i'd love to get something like that as well. the stationary ones look pretty straightforward but i'd want something i could ride with.

is the koso setup one u could just put the bracket at the end of the exhaust and ride around with?

Believe the bracket is for mounting the gauge Garrett....you would prolly want some bungs welded midpoint in your pipes to avoid fresh air contamination, thread the sensor in them.

good point. Hey sean, you there? when i send my pipes back to u to get re-ceramic coated, is that something you could do?

maybe even put one on each header (all 4)

Garrett, thats an awesome idea...then you could ride to 4200 feet and tell me what jets to use.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
We should go in on a nice one as a group and ship it around among us. Naaaaaa, be better to see you travel.:biglaugh:

good point. Hey sean, you there? when i send my pipes back to u to get re-ceramic coated, is that something you could do?

maybe even put one on each header (all 4)

Garret, if you do this basically you want to make sure the bungs are on the inside and at the 3 o'clock position. I had all four of my headers done on the Kerker 4-2-1 I had and like an idiot put them at the 6'oclock position. Well you can't really ride around like that. The 02 sensor sticks too far down and my rear suspension is stock height of 13. Any lower and it would just bust out. It was awesome for individual tuning and the quick trip and the dyno so you could individually tune each cylinder but no way could you go on an extended trip. I ended up putting one in my collector for all four. It is hidden and you could use it permanently there if you wanted to. Just a word to the wise from someone who has already been down this road.
Cheers

Garret, if you do this basically you want to make sure the bungs are on the inside and at the 3 o'clock position. I had all four of my headers done on the Kerker 4-2-1 I had and like an idiot put them at the 6'oclock position. Well you can't really ride around like that. The 02 sensor sticks too far down and my rear suspension is stock height of 13. Any lower and it would just bust out. It was awesome for individual tuning and the quick trip and the dyno so you could individually tune each cylinder but no way could you go on an extended trip. I ended up putting one in my collector for all four. It is hidden and you could use it permanently there if you wanted to. Just a word to the wise from someone who has already been down this road.
Cheers

i'd consider putting in 6 bungs. one on the 3 o clock of each header (good call) and then 1 on each of the Y pipes.

Are all O2 sensors the same threading? Not sure which one i'd go with down the road..

Sounds like something sean could do pretty easily.

i'd consider putting in 6 bungs. one on the 3 o clock of each header (good call) and then 1 on each of the Y pipes.

Are all O2 sensors the same threading? Not sure which one i'd go with down the road..

Sounds like something sean could do pretty easily.

Yes all 02 sensors are the same threading. 18x1.5
Sean could do it, just make sure you send him the bungs. They are not hard to come by but if you want them make sure YOU get them to him. Plus have them installed before the ceramic coating. :biglaugh:
If you are going to put some in the Y, then honestly 2 is all you need. It is still pretty easy to tune two cylinders at once especially if you have a vacuum gauge/sync tool as well.
Cheers

Yes all 02 sensors are the same threading. 18x1.5
Sean could do it, just make sure you send him the bungs. They are not hard to come by but if you want them make sure YOU get them to him. Plus have them installed before the ceramic coating. :biglaugh:
If you are going to put some in the Y, then honestly 2 is all you need. It is still pretty easy to tune two cylinders at once especially if you have a vacuum gauge/sync tool as well.
Cheers

like this?
http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/prod...d=f9c790322f1efac7590984f1e7a2adbb#googlebase

yea i'll ship him the bungs with the exhaust or something, i'll have to see how much he'd want to do it. not sure if he's reading this thread.

is it better to have 4, but just not necessary? or is 4 overkill?

yea koso looks to have everything i need. the a/f guages come with 1 bung and cap so i'd only have to buy 1 (or 3) more.

Whats the difference between the three gauges on page 7?

the wideband is almost double the price, is it worth it? or do you guys think i'd be able to tune well with the narrow band?

i like the look of the panel (not the round gauge). I could swing $200 over the winter, but not sure about almost $350 (wideband)

Hey Garrett,

If your not in a hurry and can wait a bit, you are welcome to use my LM-1 wideband. You can even datalog with it.

hey mark i really appreciate that. definitely not in a hurry as i don't even have bungs yet. that will be done over the winter. will probably do tuning in the early spring.

Latest posts

Back