09 Vmax vs Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are classics in their own right but the technology gap between the two does not make them directly comparable.

How can you judge and vote without even seeing one in person.
I'm not making any decisions till I can at least actually put my ass on one!

From what I heard, unless you are actually buying one, there is not going to be any sitting around in the showrooms to check out. :damn angry:

From what I heard, unless you are actually buying one, there is not going to be any sitting around in the showrooms to check out. :damn angry:
Bah, that sux! Unless I run into one at a meet it's gonna be a while before I get to see one in person.
DAMN! :bang head:
Ok, that's one reason for me to miss living in big, dirty and smelly cities!:confused2:

Well this is true and the chances of 1 comin to NZ any time soon is very slim , i meant in looks . I would like to see them side by side on a dragstrip tho .:punk:
August next year most likely (considering the release delay or the 1125R buell and a few other bikes I've kept track of) and you're looking at somewhere between $26 and $30k NZD.

And the americans want to bitch about the price they have to pay...

If its that cheap it will only be a handful and they are probably already pre sold to

And talk bout Americans bitching bout price of oil they dont pat $2.09 a litre for petrol .

August next year most likely (considering the release delay or the 1125R buell and a few other bikes I've kept track of) and you're looking at somewhere between $26 and $30k NZD.

And the americans want to bitch about the price they have to pay...

This is a gay thread. Everyone here knows that the old Max is better due to the non-functioning intake scoops and superior gas mileage. Who want's functioning scoops and probably 27mph with their motorcycles? Nazi's and Commies? Besides, bias ply tires are the only way to go.

Since I own a '96 & don't have a snowball's chance of a new one , it's obvious to me that OLD SCHOOL RULES !!!:punk:

Iam thinking seeing that I already have the $18,000 in mine I won't be seeing one anytime soon either

This is a gay thread. Everyone here knows that the old Max is better due to the non-functioning intake scoops and superior gas mileage. Who want's functioning scoops and probably 27mph with their motorcycles? Nazi's and Commies? Besides, bias ply tires are the only way to go.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

There may be hope. I spoke to a dealer yesterday and he told me the dealership ordered 4 bikes (using the same process as everyone else) that will be for sale. They sell many Yamahas at this dealership.

On a seperate note, I asked about the deposit process, and an out the door price. They would not lock in the OTD price. Now why would I want to provide a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit, if I can't get a firm OTD price?? That would not exactly help my negotiating abiltiy to already have skin in the game before hand. I didn't push them real hard on the issue because I decided not to buy a 2009 model.

However, based on the $17,990 price they said it would be $19,900 but wouldn't lock that in. The delta is roughly 500 in set-up, fees?, and TT&L.

I like my frame flexing wobbler you can take that 18K piece of technoligy plus 200 HP pleeasse thats waste where can you use 200HP on the street Ohh and the 18in rear tire this means that I will have over 20 different choices for tires rather than 3-4 thats to many decisions
Ohhh yeah and the rear suspension damn no more dirt bike shocks now we have a motorcycle shock under it wow this may mean that after hitting a bump my ass doesnt bounce 5 inches off the seat
Nahhh I love my frame felxxing wobbler I would be bord if it didnt lock the brakes and shake rattle and wobble when I came into a turn plus it will suck having to pull past all these litre+ sportbikes
No new VMAX for me thats to much of a good thing

Back