109 vs max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
read the closed junkyard post about the 109 vs max...by buddy that i ride with and street race all the time...took a109 out for a spin....45 min later came back and said worst bike he ever road and his road liner felt stronger...109 has a hugh flat spot for a 1/4 of the throttle then kicks in..thats the big reason everyone is dumping them on the street..dealer sold 4 all 4 came back totaled......in the closed thread 109 owner is running 11.3 118 mph...around 85 or 86 had a suzuki 1150 that i would take up the drags..all stock..on a good night id run 11.2 121 mph rated at 101 hp to the rear wheel.....rode with maxes at that time and the max has a stronger pull...and would smoke the tire the first three gears going down the track in stock form...the 109 wont pull a max in the quarter...its all the rider

I ride with a bunch of guys one has a M109 another with a vrod, a big dog,softail duece and a chopper?

I of course have a Vmax with a stage 7 with a pipe We go stop light to stop light all the time its ALWAYS me in front the Vrod then the M109.

I have raced the 109[on the streat] and had him by at least a car lenth if not more everytime!!![FACT].................My bike has been dyno tuned to 129 to the rear wheel>

I ride with a bunch of guys one has a M109 another with a vrod, a big dog,softail duece and a chopper?

I of course have a Vmax with a stage 7 with a pipe We go stop light to stop light all the time its ALWAYS me in front the Vrod then the M109.

I have raced the 109[on the streat] and had him by at least a car lenth if not more everytime!!![FACT].................My bike has been dyno tuned to 129 to the rear wheel>

with 129 hp a car lenth is what 1 or 2 tenths...I would think the distance would be greater...can you post that dyno sheet...a stock max running 105 to 110 hp would pull a 109

with 129 hp a car lenth is what 1 or 2 tenths...I would think the distance would be greater...can you post that dyno sheet...a stock max running 105 to 110 hp would pull a 109

Yeah but the M109R's twin will be putting out a higher torque number down low... Now go 2 or 3 lights and see where you are...:whistlin:

Yeah but the M109R's twin will be putting out a higher torque number down low... Now go 2 or 3 lights and see where you are...:whistlin:

Yah and the stupid things wiegh 850lbs.Like I said,BRING THEM ON!

I will dig up my dyno sheet.

As for the 109 I haven't a clue about them the guy just bought it last summer its white and has a 240 on the rear and it too is shaft drive it looks similar to the Vrod.

They are 110-115 hp stock.
After a lot of money and parts about 125-127 hp.
Pipes,air intakes and power commander.
Still heavy as hell.

had harleys for over twenty years..last 6 years had S&S 113 motor 127 tq and 112 hp..thats my friends numbers..motors are tuned the same... doing highway rollons against many metrics bikes...1000 cc and over..i would pull them like they ran out of gas....second run they would down shift one or two gears and they where gone like i ran out of gas....going light to light or drag racing dont think tq has much to do with it.. HD i had probably had 45 lbs more tq and lets say close to the same hp......and on a 5th gear roll on id say they would be close from 70 to 100..whats this all mean :ummm:..with all the tq i had..it was great for leaving a hole shot with no clutch..but all that tq wouldent win a race against a metric...kicked all metric v twin ass no problmen and dont think the 109 would of been a problem......my rant is weather related

had harleys for over twenty years..last 6 years had S&S 113 motor 127 tq and 112 hp..thats my friends numbers..motors are tuned the same... doing highway rollons against many metrics bikes...1000 cc and over..i would pull them like they ran out of gas....second run they would down shift one or two gears and they where gone like i ran out of gas....going light to light or drag racing dont think tq has much to do with it.. HD i had probably had 45 lbs more tq and lets say close to the same hp......and on a 5th gear roll on id say they would be close from 70 to 100..whats this all mean :ummm:..with all the tq i had..it was great for leaving a hole shot with no clutch..but all that tq wouldent win a race against a metric...kicked all metric v twin ass no problmen and dont think the 109 would of been a problem......my rant is weather related

I read somewhere that "torque gets you to the 1/8 mile while HP gets you to the 1/4 mile!

I've seen some pretty close races between Hardly's and Busa's in the 1/8th but after that it's all over with and the Busa leaves them for dead!

I don't know how this argument ever got started.

Just go to the strip and watch. A 109 won't touch a Vmax in the quarter, ever, they are too heavy.

The Rocket III makes 147ft/lbs of torque and I've never had one of those (three at the strip so far) even come close to handing me a scare. They are two heavy.

Torque is great for the 1/8th, I've beat the crap out of a lot of sport bikes through the first half of the 1/4,

I don't doubt some of the big Vtwins might beat me in the 1/8 but I've never the Vrods I've raced walk me in the 1/8th either.

In the last few hundred feet though it's the rare sport bike that won't kill me.

Roll-ons??? Schmoll-ons...

Only a dumbass doesn't downshift to the right RPM range for a little play on the highway.

It might be a great measurement of torque for the magazines but any Hardly or any other Vtwin that wants to play on the highway with me is gonna hear me drop it into 3rd before I smoke their ass.

Rusty

I don't know how this argument ever got started.

Just go to the strip and watch. A 109 won't touch a Vmax in the quarter, ever, they are too heavy.

The Rocket III makes 147ft/lbs of torque and I've never had one of those (three at the strip so far) even come close to handing me a scare. They are two heavy.

Torque is great for the 1/8th, I've beat the crap out of a lot of sport bikes through the first half of the 1/4,

I don't doubt some of the big Vtwins might beat me in the 1/8 but I've never the Vrods I've raced walk me in the 1/8th either.

In the last few hundred feet though it's the rare sport bike that won't kill me.

Roll-ons??? Schmoll-ons...

Only a dumbass doesn't downshift to the right RPM range for a little play on the highway.

It might be a great measurement of torque for the magazines but any Hardly or any other Vtwin that wants to play on the highway with me is gonna hear me drop it into 3rd before I smoke their ass.

Rusty

Thanks,Rusty! This is what I have been saying all along.

doing rollons where mainly for tuning for jet changes....droped one jet size in the mid or slow jet on the s&s and the pull you could not feel...but the distance one bike pulled away from the other was bigtime like night and day......thats why these maxes or any bikes before they do these jet kits should do a rollon with a buddy dont matter against what bike...just to see where one bike is from another...put your jet kit in,,,and do it again...think most will be surprized of the non gain probably a big time lose.....its just a real world tool

Back