110/80-18 radial too narrow?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4sylvester

Reaction score
Going with a metz 880 180/55-18 in the rear. I know for the front 120/70-18 is the radial most choose to use on stock rim. However, michelin makes the pilot in 110/80-18 which is closer to stock height. However, will this tire look too narow? Will it be an ok match with the 880 in the rear?

Going with a metz 880 180/55-18 in the rear. I know for the front 120/70-18 is the radial most choose to use on stock rim. However, michelin makes the pilot in 110/80-18 which is closer to stock height. However, will this tire look too narow? Will it be an ok match with the 880 in the rear?

IMO that's the right size for the size of rim. 120 needs to be on a 3 or 3.5 inch rim to work correctly.

Chris

110/90/18 is OEM size. Radials are offered in 100/90 or 80/18 and some of the bigger sizes if I remember right.

Sean

I like the look of the smaller/narrower tire because it reminds of the pro-drag bikes with their tiny fronts. If you are an aggressive rider with more time on the chicken strips, I would stay wider for more confidence leaned over on the shoulder. Stay away from the dirt bike look with the fender way higher than the tire though!

I have a 110/80-18 Dunlop radial and it works fine. It is a little shorter than the 110/90-18 stock tire but not as short as the 120 tire. The stock front wheel is too narrow for the 120 but it is still used by many. I wish the stock size was available in a radial.

Sounds good. I'll go with the 110. I know its the same width as stock but in a radial version I assumed the 110 will not be as wide as the 110 bias.

Sounds good. I'll go with the 110. I know its the same width as stock but in a radial version I assumed the 110 will not be as wide as the 110 bias.

You WILL want to get some spacers for you front fender though. An aftermarket fork brace makes it look better with the spacers. I bought some delrin ones that work great and look great on my black bike.

Chris

Latest posts

Back