12-year old runs 8.397 1/4-mile...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who in their right mind would stick their 12 year old kid on an 8 or 9 second bike?

He did a great job but man if that kid had crashed and burned those parents would have been totally screwed...

At the very beginning it says Terry Martin... 2nd pass on a bike...
Now I'm very new to drag racing bikes, but that kid (it it is really a kid) has either gone through extensive training or it isn't his sencond pass on a bike.

It looks to me like he/she was very confortable in the burnout, getting croutched ready for the launch, tip-toeing up to the stage lights, and keeping his feet down after the launch. That is a lot to remember in a minimal amount of time (for me anyway... but I'm ADD as well:drool:)

They did do a great job whoever it was and if it really was a 12 year old, then I would be the first one to buy him/her a beer (when they are 21).

As for the parents, I think they should be cut as to not allow them to reporduce any more... maybe that kid is mature enough, but from looking at his father's reaction, I highly doubt that....

I actually know this guy! This video was taken at Beech Bend Raceway which is located in Bowling Green Kentucky. I was track champion there in 92 in the Pro Bike class.
I am surprised Clay Jones (Owner) allowed this!
I highly doubt that its his second pass. The kid is all over the track if you watch both passes drifting which will get you in trouble due to no rubber in the center part of the lane.
It must have been a track rental day for a bike group for this to take place.

Kids that age usually don't have the fear we older folks have. He just guns it and holds on. I'm thinking air shifter.
I seriously doubt the parents would be jumping for joy if he goes down.
Sadly he'll probably become addicted to speed and probably be dead or maimed by the time he's 18.

Kids that age usually don't have the fear we older folks have. He just guns it and holds on. I'm thinking air shifter.
I seriously doubt the parents would be jumping for joy if he goes down.
Sadly he'll probably become addicted to speed and probably be dead or maimed by the time he's 18.

Very good point!! At 10 I thought 30MPH was warp speed on my Z50 than at 12 my RM80 running 55 was scary fast at first!
200 MPH is going to be boring at the age 14.
I dont know, but I am sure that BUSA is hitting around 160 in the 1/4 and 160 is an easy ride on a dragstrip, its when the tire breaks loose how will he handle it half track at around 130?

that was a bullshit remark.... I wasn't drag racing a busa when i was twelve, but i was riding a kx 250. by the time that i turned 14 i had a yz490 that i sand dragged, and then when i turned 15 i was riding a rotax banshee for a local shop that made 180 hp. 600cc rotax twin cilinders on a banshee crank case. The quad ran the 300 FT sand drags in 3.54 @ 109 mph. Had i been given the chance to ride a bike like that and had the coachhing that he has obviously had, i dare say that i could have managed. It's not like a laydown would be that hard to manage. The thing was slammed and stretched. Should a 12 year old be riding a 180-220 hp drag bike? probably not... is it possible that he can ride better than 90% of bike owners? very likely. What do you guys think about the 14 year old stunter that was featured on superbikes a while ago?

kid will be signed by someone to ride there bike..besides lankee will kick his as in the 1/8

Second pass on THAT bike perhaps, but I'm sure he's piloted a few with similar HP/TQ etc.

That bike was set up, he was well into second before his feet came up onto the pegs (the way it should be) and I'm sure he weighs nothing. All things to consider when somebody rips off a low 8 second pass. Props to the kid, I have to shake my head at the parents though.

lol he is going to be fast he only weights 70 lbs. Could be the new thing for NHRA Prostock bike put little kids on them for better ET's. As a parent it would make me nervous. Both my kids raced expert in BMX my son played football. Both dangerous( I did both as a kid also). I wouyld lie if I didn't say I didn't worry especialy when there was a crash. I would not let my kid ride a 8 sec motorcycle at 12. his second pass looked kind of scary.

I've got mixed feelings, the Kid obviously was comfortable and no way was that a second pass, I've got no problems with a properly trained trained kid doing that tho' , drag racing isn't rocket science.:biglaugh: :whistlin:

We have junior drags here all the time, it's extremely good for the sport, makes it a family activity.

Our junious are limited to 1/8 mile tho' and they're not on Bikes,

I don't think he should have been on THAT bike tho' it's a little much, but then again it's probably the most stable platform, just too much power.....

Back