1800cc vmax special edition 2010

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
anyone thought about this?

Isn't 2010 supposed to be a special commemorative year for vmax? iv always been a bit curious about the lack of variable valve timing when its clearly set up for it (the chain driving one cam per head makes this easier to impliment)

so what could happen that would be easy to do....

A light weight race only version alla the vrod destroyer?

A new high out put version by dropping in a bigger motor/valve timing?

Just puttin it out there (did yamaha do a power kit for the warrior over the last few years?)

Re: 1800cc vmax special addition 2010

As Yamaha is big on special editions and anniversary bikes I expect that we will see something of note pertaining to the 2010/25th Anniversary edition. Kind of makes me curious.

I agree with Jim that they will probably produce a "special edition" bike for that year, but I can't believe they would produce a special motor just for it. They might go with the "badge" route again or one with all carbon fiber.

All Carbon would be the shit. Oh and expensive I'm sure. Maybe with the Race ECM's.

My bet will be a "one off" paint job with a special badge of some type. Wouldn't mind seeing different wheels or something to that effect. A whole carbon fibre edition would be too spendy for most anyway.

My money is on paint/badge, no other mods. They may offer something new in the addon dept. though. :confused2:

hell, they wouldn't have to do anything to the engine, just undo some of the de-tuning they did to bring the HP down.

Back