1985 Exhaust / Muffler Part Numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what the part number is for the 1985 muffler assembly. On the 85 I have now, it is 1FK-14711 on the left side and 1FK-14721 on the right. It also reads "to meet the 83 dBa requirement"

I also have a NOS mufflerr assy that has part numbers of 1UT-14711 on the left and 1UT-15721 on the right and it reads " to meet the 80 dBa requirement".

I'm guessing the 1FK is original and the UT is the later replacement for the 85 exhaust.

If anyone can measure the diameters of their 85 muffler holes, or anyone else with a later stock exhaust hole, I would be interested in finding out what the difference is. I measured the 85 and it was 33mm, the new muffler I had was a little more than 30mm. I noticed that you could feel the holes in the baffler about an inch inside the newer muffler, but you couldn't on the 85.

If anyone is interested in a full 85 exhaust with mufflers that are dinged up, or if you are interested in the new later mufflers, please let me know. If no one wants the 85 mufflers they will probably be going to Morley so he can do his "rear end" disection and determine what the real difference is.

Jeff

Hey Jeff sorry I didn't call you... Got your message was busy then forgot...:bang head:

So you have an '85 now huh?:confused2:

Back