28th Amendment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
A non-partisan idea whose time has come - the 28th Amendment

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.

Subject: An idea whose time has come.
For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop!! This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come. Have each person contact a minimum of Twenty people on their Address list, in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United StatesConstitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States "

I agree with this 100% but have to be the devils advocate here.....How will this be introduced? Doesn't it take a member of Congress to support or sponser it, before it will even be considered for ratification? :confused2:

I agree with this 100% but have to be the devils advocate here.....How will this be introduced? Doesn't it take a member of Congress to support or sponser it, before it will even be considered for ratification? :confused2:

Yes.......:damn angry:

Sounds great, but first you need to find a Congressman with ethics to propose this bill - I think you have a better chance of a Honda 700 Shadow with a blown head gasket whippin' a VMAX than finding a Congressman with ethics...

Agree 100 % , as this has been out there for a few months on the web. The people must speak up and let 'em know what we want. They don't do it , out they go. Also, I would like to add term limits of 2 terms. Then you go home and act like the rest of us , with all the laws you passed while in office , pertaining to you as well. :clapping:

Some time ago I found my local Representatives office and email info and sent him an email concerning some of the gun laws that were to come before congress. His office promptly replied with an original personally written email.

Its very to easy to write to your Representatives and tell them how you want them to vote. Remember they work for you! If your real gunho you could write to many or all the Reps of Congress and the Senate.

I urge all of you to do a quick google search for your Reps info and send them a copy of this thread and tell them we want this as law of our land. Then we can come back to share what each has to say.

Now Im gonna copy the first posting of this thread and pass it on to my Rep. and tell him I want him to present it.

Im actually excited about this. It would be great if we lots of responses posted in here.

Alright guys, lets Tell Them How We Want Our Country Run.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well first you must inclued the president in such "bill" he should not be exempted in any way shape or form. I also write my senators and reps but this is like talking to the wall the fact is they dont care about you or your needs. This may sound cold but it is true. There should also be a 29th to tag with this one that goes like this
" All members of goverment shall discolse and make public all gifts, earnings, and any favor that may lead to capital gain for each personin held office for review by the voters on a fiscal year. Without complete discloser you shall forfit your seat in held goverment office and face crimminal charges for fraud."
lets make this happen and see where the cards are on the table hmmmm.?

Here is the reply I got from my representative today.
Anyone else send a letter to there reps??
Dear Ryan:

Thank you for contacting me with your support for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution mandating that Members of Congress be equally subject to all laws passed. It's good to hear from you.

I appreciate your making me aware of efforts to create a 28th amendment to the Constitution. In the recent health care debate there had been discussion that Members of Congress would not be required to participate in a public option if it were adopted. You will be pleased to learn that H.R. 3590, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, explicitly states that Members of Congress and their staff will be required to participate in the Insurance Exchange created in the bill.

You will also be interested to know that since 1984, Members of Congress and new federal employees are required to participate in the Social Security system. For your further review, I've attached a Congressional Research Service report on retirement benefits for Members of Congress which I believe you will find interesting.

Please be assured that I will keep your specific thoughts firmly in mind should legislation be introduced to create a 28th amendment. Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress

Nice response to be honest. Now what I would do is continue the dialogue with him. Sometimes I believe that the members of the legislative branch get so insular in their beliefs that they may actually appreciate some response from their constituency on matters that concern them. The trick is to make sure that what you say is well reasoned and thoughtful, otherwise they will dismiss it as a quack email from some pissed off 90yr old grumpy grandpa.

Back