39mm fcr carb filters and stacks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
Anyone have a good lead on nice velocity stacks or filters for the 39mm fcr carb set up?I got the Vgas set up and need to shorten the stacks and get filters on these babies for the street..

Anyone have a good lead on nice velocity stacks or filters for the 39mm fcr carb set up?I got the Vgas set up and need to shorten the stacks and get filters on these babies for the street..

You might want to give Jon @ UFO a call and see if his new ram air scoops for the VGas use filters, I think they do.

Attachments

• prototype%20Maxair%20home%20page2.jpg
    prototype%20Maxair%20home%20page2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 39
I switched over to 30mm anodized aluminum stacks, and no longer are there knee comfort issues. There is a plastic stack of the same height currently being sold.

Now and then I use the elastic socks that slip over the mouth of the v stacks. That's as much filtering as I use. They're a UFO item, around 40.00.

I sell all the sudco stuff which there are a number of different stacks as well as filter adapters.

Sean

im bringing this thread back up, as on a ride today i have lost a stack.

the base was still on the carb but evidently the spun stack was "pressed" in the base and there is a mark on my knee and the stack is gone.

didnt stop me from riding but now im on the hunt for a replacement.

vgas site doesnt list the stacks, and the pics look considerably taller than the ones i have [ i have filter bases as well but the K&N's that came with my bike are way in the way ]

mine measure just shy of two inches including the base, and taller would probably get knocked off every ride, as they do crowd me a little.

last post was 2010, where are stacks that fit the 39mm fcr's today?

i will search, but hope somebody knows where i can get just one just like what i have [im not holdin my breath on the ufo guys getting back to me real soon ], that way i can also replace just a pair of the weber-redline stack covers i finally found to fit them.

thanks

doug

ps:sean if you still have my e-mail, from the chrome work you did for me, send me a email if you know of any thing to help me. If not get me on here and i will e-mail you.

Attachments

• base without stack.jpg
    base without stack.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
  • stack and cover on its side.jpg
    stack and cover on its side.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 17
  • stack sitting flat.jpg
    stack sitting flat.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 16
  • stack without cover on its side.jpg
    stack without cover on its side.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 11
  • stack without cover sitting flat.jpg
    stack without cover sitting flat.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
i swear, i think im screwed on this one, as i cant find anything except the sudco plastic stuff.

there is a reference to a uk shop and a part number but its from 2010 and now the website has no pricing/buying info on the site.

plus, the base of my stacks are "cutout" for clearance and it seems what pics i do see this is not there on new stacks, but i can always take a dremmel to the new ones i guess.

jeez, whys it always gotta be so hard to find something? oh well.

pics kinda blurry, but it shows the cutout.
there are jets? that protrude on the face of the carb where the base bolts on that requires the clearance, they do look like they were hand done on these, so i guess its what i will have to do when [ if ] i find some new ones

Attachments

• stack showing cutout in base.jpg
    stack showing cutout in base.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 12
That cut out is for the main and pilot airjets... But how did you loose it? Its supposed to be held with 2 allen bolts

That cut out is for the main and pilot airjets... But how did you loose it? Its supposed to be held with 2 allen bolts

see the first pic in the post above the one with the pic of the cutout, i guess my knee hit the stack and it came out of the base.

when i noticed it was gone, the base was still attached to the carb,
it looks as if the spun aluminum stack is pressed into the base.

Those stacks are have an epoxy holding them in. Mine have come loose and I took them all out and put some really strong epoxy back on. You probably won't have luck with Cornell buying just one stack but I guess if you wanna roll the dice and try that's up to you. While I really love my Vgas carbs I'd never buy anything from UFO again. But that's just from my personal experience. I'm sure Sean Morley can hook you up with something a lot cheaper than Jon. I gotta tell Sean I need new bonnets for my stacks and he said he could probably get me nicer ones than what came with the carbs. GET AHOLD OF SEAN!! He can help you I'm sure.

Those stacks are have an epoxy holding them in. Mine have come loose and I took them all out and put some really strong epoxy back on. You probably won't have luck with Cornell buying just one stack but I guess if you wanna roll the dice and try that's up to you. While I really love my Vgas carbs I'd never buy anything from UFO again. But that's just from my personal experience. I'm sure Sean Morley can hook you up with something a lot cheaper than Jon. I gotta tell Sean I need new bonnets for my stacks and he said he could probably get me nicer ones than what came with the carbs. GET AHOLD OF SEAN!! He can help you I'm sure.

quick question, how tall are your Vgas stacks? the ones i see on the UFO page look like about three inches, but mine are 50mm, just shy of 2" .

Sean states in the first part of this thread he could get the sudco stuff, i have been looking online , i can or he could get me some but as far as i could see only in red or blue anodized.

while i was looking i sent a email on Jons UFO page, and he has already responded, sayng the new stacks have rounded bases and he will press a new stack in my base, so im sending it to him, because unless someone else has the polished aluminum stacks, which i cant find, i will have to get blue or red, and i dont want that so would have to paint them, we will see, only 30 bucks so hopefully it will work out.

Jon stated they are pressed in with a retaining compound.

i am in WV and he's over in Ohio so i can go get my shit if i have to.

I gotta tell Sean I need new bonnets for my stacks and he said he could probably get me nice ones

look at my post #5, i found these stack covers made by redlineweber and had to email them and weber site guy turned me on to a auto supply place that distributes them.

here is the redlineweber site: http://www.redlineweber.com/html/application_guide/performance_accessories.htm

please note the part numbers are reversed, if your stacks are like mine 3-1/4" wide at the mouth, you will need p/n 99008 927 trust me, i ordered the other number and had to return them, ALSO just order quantity 2 as they are packaged two covers on a bubble pack, that is if this is something you are interested in :)

the site doesnt order on the net, you will have to call them, is here:
http://www.triangleautosupply.com/

nice guys on the phone, and refunded my difference because i ended up with 8 small covers and sent me only 4 [2 packages] of the 3-1/4" covers.

i looked high and low for something, i too ran mostly open stacks, looks great but thought i should have something on there, maybe?

hell, maybe Sean can be a redlineweber distributer? i would just as soon buy from him and i need a cover again now :-(

doug

If he'll do that for you it's worth doing. I'm in Pgh and have actually been to his place and his home. Just watch he could turn on you in a minute like he did me. Oh yea, my stacks are pretty long at least 3". And that "retaining compound" is a fancy way of saying epoxy. Lol, good luck.

look at my post #5, i found these stack covers made by redlineweber and had to email them and weber site guy turned me on to a auto supply place that distributes them.

here is the redlineweber site: http://www.redlineweber.com/html/application_guide/performance_accessories.htm

please note the part numbers are reversed, if your stacks are like mine 3-1/4" wide at the mouth, you will need p/n 99008 927 trust me, i ordered the other number and had to return them, ALSO just order quantity 2 as they are packaged two covers on a bubble pack, that is if this is something you are interested in :)

the site doesnt order on the net, you will have to call them, is here:
http://www.triangleautosupply.com/

nice guys on the phone, and refunded my difference because i ended up with 8 small covers and sent me only 4 [2 packages] of the 3-1/4" covers.

i looked high and low for something, i too ran mostly open stacks, looks great but thought i should have something on there, maybe?

hell, maybe Sean can be a redlineweber distributer? i would just as soon buy from him and i need a cover again now :-(

doug

Thanks Doug, that might be an option for my bonnets . I'm gonna check what size my stacks are so I know what exactly I'm looking for. I have other issues to resolve first but it's always good to have a line on these other than UFO . I just won't buy from them.

If he'll do that for you it's worth doing. I'm in Pgh and have actually been to his place and his home. Just watch he could turn on you in a minute like he did me. Oh yea, my stacks are pretty long at least 3". And that "retaining compound" is a fancy way of saying epoxy. Lol, good luck.

yea i know, thats why i said i wasnt gonna hold my breath in my first post when i discovered all i can find otherwise is the sudco stuff in blue or red.

i have heard good and bad about jon and ufo, i bought a dragbar from them when i first bought my vmax, but thats been it until now.

the vgas came on my bike when i bought it so i dont know anything else, but it starts and runs great for me so im not investing in anything else at the moment.

the thing is i cant find anything else other than the blue and red stuff, kinda disapointing.

when i bought my bike the P.O. had a set of adapters and K&N filters on the carbs but they were way too much in my way, so last night i pulled one out and they are just blue anodized stacks 35mm tall with a ring welded on that has a slight lip to attach a filter pod. looking down from the top you can see where it has a bellmouth flare , so i know they were just short stacks, they have a smaller diameter than the spun aluminum stacks too, at only 2-1/2" instead of the larger 3-1/8".
i might have to look into a set of these as 35mm would definatly be lower profile, but not as cool looking, if only i could get raw silver and have them polished i would just pony up, cause they are one piece, and now im paraniod i will lose another stack, i guess this winter i will have to re epoxy the other three stacks so i dont have this happen again.

YAY ME.......got my stack back from Jon this evening, wasnt there earlier when i got home but looked on the front porch for the cat to come in and there was a box waitin on me to find it.

brand new stack, replaced on my base, which i just sent off on monday the 24th, so i am a happy camper, now just gotta order another pair of the redline weber covers and im all good for my bridge day ride !!!!

doug

Back