• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

85 in South Carolina, yall's thoughts? N

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask for the VIN #. At least the numbers, to see where it was in the production run. Not a bad price if it runs, but that sounds like it's a non-runner. "A few seconds" is better than "not at-all," but the price isn't too far-off if it does run, given that it needs much other work to be operable and safe.

If you want an 85 in SC, I have been kicking around the idea of getting rid of mine. Needs nothing and has imo all the desirable mods. I have a second kid coming any day now and common sense is saying the bike is an unnecessary risk. Ill snap some photos and make a write up in a new thread. No rush or need to sell, it just seems like the right thing to do.

I have talked to that guy a couple times & he knows nothing. I finally just came to the conclusion he is an Idiot. I got a different story both times I talked with him and gave up. I would just consider it a parts bike

Thanks for the info, Kyle! It kinda threw me when he stated that it was bored to 1360. I've read about the 1300 Venture swapout, 1428, 1500, and 1570 big-bore builds. But I've never heard of a 1360. Not that they don't exist, I just ain't read anything about one - and I'm definitely no expert on the Gen1(Crap, I don't even have one!).

Back