• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

90 Vmax starter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayber

Reaction score
This is the stock Yamaha 2 brush starter. I had to go up to a 4brush with the mods on my bike.
This would crank it fine while cold but once warmed up it would crank to slow for my liking.

$20 or trade for?

Why not try this, Mr. Jayber?
Youv'e got nothing to lose, since youv'e already upgraded to a 4-pole.
If it works (I haven't done it myself), you may be able to sell the starter for a better price, or just keep it as a spare.
The pics for the alteration are well within the thread, just keep scrolling down.
Cheers!
http://vmaxchat.yuku.com/topic/5158/HOT-START-PROBLEMS-ULTIMATE-FIX

I would keep it as a spare also...I still have my 2 brush from my 90 sitting in shed...might use it as a tech tool once my grandson gets old enough to learn about working on stuff...lol Plus shipping is gonna cost more than it's worth...

Oh I just figured someone with a dead starter could use this one if they couldnt afford a 4brush. No big deal.

Back