99 V-Max and K&N filters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyzzo

Reaction score
I just purchased a 99vmax with dual Supertrapp's installed and supposedly a jet kit.. I have a new set of K&N individual filters that I bought for the 86 but would like to install on the 99...

I thought that the bike smelled a tad rich at idle but now I'm not sure.. It might be a little cold blooded but a few minutes with 1/4 choke it idles fine..Blipping the gas it returns to idle with ease..No backfires whether the bikes warm or cold...

I installed new Nology wires and the silver tip spark plugs.. The old plugs looked Great - I think... The werent oily.. They were clean..Slight brown to white in color = more whitish than anything = but not ashy..?....

>>My concern is If I install the K&N's will I be too lean = if so what steps should I take?... can I just richen up the mixture screws If I notice any backfiring or?

(video is b4 wire and plug change,,quicktime)

Appreciate the help,
-Steve

Attachments

• 0525081738.zip
    179 KB · Views: 13
With the individual filters you will need air correctors that are a part of the stage 7 kit. I also would wait to use those when you have a full exhaust system as the stage 7 parts don't work the best with stock or slip-on mufflers.

With the individual filters you will need air correctors that are a part of the stage 7 kit. I also would wait to use those when you have a full exhaust system as the stage 7 parts don't work the best with stock or slip-on mufflers.

Agreed.

Also the mixture screws are for idle adjustment only. It effects your Air /fuel ratio at idle only.

Back