A great evening

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
I went up to the Lebanon Valley Speedway this evening to hang out with Meanmax and watch him run the 1/4.

Only got to see him run once cause they ran off the cars first, and there was a bunch of cars, but it looked like a good run to me!

Here's some pics. I have no idea what the guy in the outside lane was doing in the second pic??:confused2:

Prolly looked over, saw that red v max and was trying to get away! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1876.jpg
    100_1876.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1877.jpg
    100_1877.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1878.jpg
    100_1878.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 69
What kind of times was he pulling?

I figured Meanmax will want to post that info Bob.

There was a Lloydz powered Victory there but I didn't get to see it run, actually never even heard of that motor till I googled it a few minutes ago.

Odd looking deal, but bad fast I guess. Sent a PM to Meanmax to see if he saw it run or heard what numbers the guy put down.

Best of 10.5 at 117mph, and that Triumph Speed Triple saw nothing but tail light! I even beat two Hayabusas! They spun leaving the line but hey, time slip says i win lol :eusa_dance: Had a great time with Danny, checking out the bikes and cars, awesome guy! And that Victory ran a 10.9 at a buck twentyish.....freaking amazing. Saw it leave the line on my way back and it pulled the wheels in the first three gears. Nuts!

You let out at the end? MPH is too low for that kind of time.

Sean

You let out at the end? MPH is too low for that kind of time.

Sean
You asked me that before with my old bike lol i keep it pinned a good 100 feet past the finish line just for that reason. I weigh a good 250 lbs. May have somthing to do with it? I need a salad:biglaugh:

had to be a great launch! my best was 11.18 at 123mph,smokin the tire into third.my dream is into the tens.

That's it. The MPH indicates more of a 11.30-50 pass. I know a lot of tracks are using 1000' now and not the quarter. Not sure what that track is doing. What is your 60' time? We could use a physics calculator and see what your HP is. Need to know MPH (which you posted) and Bike weight with rider.

Sean

That's it. The MPH indicates more of a 11.30-50 pass. I know a lot of tracks are using 1000' now and not the quarter. Not sure what that track is doing. What is your 60' time? We could use a physics calculator and see what your HP is. Need to know MPH (which you posted) and Bike weight with rider.

Sean
It is a true 1/4 mile. Estimating that the bike is 620 with fluids it should be a total weight of 870 lbs. It was dyno tested at 126hp by the previous owner. 60 foot time is 1.77 Thanks for your help Sean!
Zak

With the numbers you have listed your best theortical time is around 11:00 flat @ 122 mph. To go the numbers you have posted you would need almost 150rwhp.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_horsepower_elapsed_time/horsepower_elapsed_time.php

That trap speed is only using 108hp but should not equal that elapsed time.

Sorry man, but not sure what is going on??? Your numbers just don't jive with everything I've seen (unless you let out) and others have recorded.
Sean

Looking back i made a mistake, it was 11.5 not 10.5. :bang head: wishfull thinking.............. sorry. can't belive i typed that

Looking back i made a mistake, it was 11.5 not 10.5. :bang head: wishfull thinking.............. sorry. can't belive i typed that

Not to worry....all that accelleration flattens the brain against the back of the helmet.....it takes a little time for it to 'blob' back out! :rofl_200:

OK, that's much more normal to see and for the average guy I see racing is pretty decent. Most run in the mid to high 11's with a few getting lower 11's (but not very many). 1.77 60' time isn't bad either. Would have liked to see the MPH higher so either the bike isn't quite making the HP claimed or if you have a venture rear diff that could be hurting you. For that MPH you are doing well. If you could get it into the 1.60's 60' time you would shave a couple of more tenths off the time. To get into the 10's you need 120+ mph.

Sean

Not to worry....all that accelleration flattens the brain against the back of the helmet.....it takes a little time for it to 'blob' back out! :rofl_200:
My brain was in the tens, my bike is most defenitly not! lol

OK, that's much more normal to see and for the average guy I see racing is pretty decent. Most run in the mid to high 11's with a few getting lower 11's (but not very many). 1.77 60' time isn't bad either. Would have liked to see the MPH higher so either the bike isn't quite making the HP claimed or if you have a venture rear diff that could be hurting you. For that MPH you are doing well. If you could get it into the 1.60's 60' time you would shave a couple of more tenths off the time. To get into the 10's you need 120+ mph.

Sean
Looking to turn "decent" into "above avreage" this year lol The power is there, I just have to put it down during the launch. Only have 9 passes this year and im still figuring out the clutch and working with tire pressures. Still has the factory diff though. I feel a 1.6 60' should be no problem once i get everthing sorted out. Thanks for replying and dealing with my 10 second wishfull thinking!

LOL, no problem. The MPH doesn't really vary all that much though regardless of the launch so I would like to see it higher to get the goal you are wanting. Keep practicing!

Latest posts

Back