After 23 Years...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 773

Reaction score
...I finally broke down and got my MC endorsement. :punk:

When my wife started riding this Spring, she guilted me in to taking the written test with her after she had completed her Rider Education Course. I passed (whew) and scheduled my road test...

I began riding @ 17 and attempted the road test on my Yamaha Maxim 750 with about 2 weeks of experience... Failed miserably. Never went back...

Utah recently introduced a tiered MC endorsement that rerquires you to take the test on YOUR bike (previously you could "borrow" any street legal bike to test on - should have borrowed a 250 enduro the first time) and receive an endorsement based on displacement.

I took the road test this morning on the mighty Max...

Passed @ 95% I would have argued the 5 off for a foot down "too early", but thought never having to take the test again was reward enough...

Whew...

\m/ DS

I took the test on an old Yamaha automatic scooter. In Iowa, one of the tests was retarded. They make you turn around inside cones. The distance was based on CC. My motorcycle at the time was an '83 Honda Shadow and the turning radius didn't allow it to be turned around like the test showed.

I had a Triumph chopper w/12" over stock springer, no way was I going to do figure 8's and circles-unless they let me do them on the 4 lane! :biglaugh:

I borrowed a Bridgestone 125 for the test, felt like a total asshole but passed with flying colors.

Fines being what they are these days, legal's the only way to go. (You got an ear on this Cop Runner?) :rofl_200:

Congratulations on passing Hopejam, feels good, no?

danny

I took the weekend class and save 10% on my insurance to this day!

It cost me 110 bucks about 12 years ago and it has saved me all of that and more in insurance.

Glad to see you're finally legal

Nice job Dan. I passed mine on a Yamaha XS650 years ago.

Dan, Tim used to tell me stories about wheelies and Honda XL-500s..... can you add to those stories? I have a 500 you know... and yes, uphill wheelies are fun.....

Nice job Dan. I passed mine on a Yamaha XS650 years ago.

Dan, Tim used to tell me stories about wheelies and Honda XL-500s..... can you add to those stories? I have a 500 you know... and yes, uphill wheelies are fun.....

Those were the days... I remember taking an old Yamaha 400 2 Stroke out to the High School Drags at Bonneville, too...

You should ask Tim about the porcupine he hit coming down HYW 89... :rofl_200:

congrats I got my liscence many years ago after a ticket..:bang head: Even when I have not had bikes I still keep it(saved a ton on insurance by having it so long.)
I see in your sig you have a 91 GT, I have a mildly modified :whistlin: 91 LX I drive around. mustangs and vmaxes must go together....same mentality

Back