Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAD MANY BIKES , ALWAYS WANTED A V-MAX SINCE " 85 " WHEN I FIRST SAW ONE ! BOUGHT MY 2006 LEFT OVER IN 2007 WHEN I WAS 44 , NOW I'M 46 FROM THE WAIST UP , 17 FROM THE WAIST DOWN !...:biglaugh::rofl_200:

I'm 59. Been riding street since 16. Had several bikes. Honda 50, honda 450. 77 Honda 750 with 1000 Z1 motor and goodies in it. 86 Vmax,98 Vmax, 02 FZ1, 05 FJR1300. Now have a CanAm Spyder and a 06 Vmax. Still riding and love every minute of it.

I'm 59. Been riding street since 16. Had several bikes. Honda 50, honda 450. 77 Honda 750 with 1000 Z1 motor and goodies in it. 86 Vmax,98 Vmax, 02 FZ1, 05 FJR1300. Now have a CanAm Spyder and a 06 Vmax. Still riding and love every minute of it.

How's that spider? I've seen and sat on them, but never talked anyone into letting me drive one. Never heard a bad thing said about them though.

42 in July. Started with honda 50, honda70, honda cl100, kaw kz400, honda nighthawk450, yamaha yzf600, then the most mightiest VMAX!

G'day folks, 58 here, Been a Vmaxer for 20 years now. My bike is a grey import 1988 model. Looking a bit rough around the edges now, but still goes good. I've been riding 41 years, and have had 42 bikes, but the Vmax remains in my shed, and will remain so unless I can manage to get a new one.

Noel

Hi, I'm 45, and have wanted a Vmax since I read the first tests in 85. Finally I got my hands on a '96 two years ago. I live in Norway, and bikes are pretty expensive here. I had to pay about $15K for the '96, so it took a while until I felt I could afford it. I sold my previous bike, a XJ 750 Seca, exactly 20 years ago, and before that I had a Suzuki GT 100.

Leon

Just turned 50 on the 16th of May, Been all down hill from there
went dancing. on my birthday tore legiments out of both knees trying to dance like a 20 year old. had a leg brace on each leg for 2 weeks until I decided I had enough of them ( would rather have the pain) Got on my max which did hurt a little. rode down 94 here in Mich got stopped by state police doing 95 in 70 (gave me a ticket for 75 in a 70, There went a 100.00 dollar bill. Next day wife wanted to go for a ride got 4 miles from the house when a 19 year old side swiped me and busted up my ankle . luckly the wife didn't get hurt and not to much damage to the bike.( bike never hit the ground) And to top it all off I was suppose be in Tenn. this week on vacation.But now I am setting here typing this with a cast and 2 leg braces on. Dam cant wait to go riding again.

Sean
Wish I would have got some pics of the bike to you 1st.
But looks like I am going to need a few replacement parts again.

First bike was a Virago. When I was twenty went to the bike show in 07, and came home with a brand new 06 Vmax. Still had some in the crate from last year. Absolutely love it.

I'm 42yrs old (yikes!) and started riding dirt at 5. Had: XR75, RM100, YZ125, KTM495, GSXR750, and now have a 1985 V-max and a 1986 V-max

:wkwk:

to sbeduckman

it is great cause i am extremely old, artharitic, blind , deaf , dumb and blind so staying up on two wheels is quite a challenge.:biglaugh:

sorry jerry i wrote the above post caught you signed in to site and couldnt resist:rofl_200::rofl_200::eusa_dance: previous thread was written by me:clapping:

I'm 56, & wouldn't trade my max for 2 Harleys. Started at 14 with a Honda, had a few of those, a few Kawis. About 20 years of no bikesNow I can't hardly wait til the weekend for a blast on the bike.

I'm 56, & wouldn't trade my max for 2 Harleys. Started at 14 with a Honda, had a few of those, a few Kawis. About 20 years of no bikesNow I can't hardly wait til the weekend for a blast on the bike.

I don't know. I think I WOULD trade my Max for 2 Harleys. then I'd sell the Harleys, and buy an '09....:eusa_dance:

meanwhile, two years later...

We're definitely not old ... i don't care what anyone says. HA!!
so, Mrs_Max's post got me to wondering what the average age of the forum members. Recalling I had stumbled upon some "age" thread a few months back, I manage to dig up this thread and started crunching the numbers

AVERAGE AGE OF RESPONDENTS: 43
attachment.php

If the current bunch of active users care, post your age and I'll update the chart.

Attachments

• V-Max Rider's Ages.jpg
    V-Max Rider's Ages.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'll be 30 in December. I bought my vmax this year. I had never heard of the bike till I went to bring my Dad's 1975 BMW R90S down to my younger brother to have fixed up in June, and his buddy was there with his newly purchased vmax. I instantly fell in Love and bought mine late July/ early August.

I started riding at 16 on a yamaha DTR 50 cc. I've owned a Bandit 400, KLX 250, and a Shadow 600 before this motorcycle. My younger brother started on my Shadow, bought a Vulcan 800 and now rides my dad's R90S.

The VMAX is one of the most amazing motorcycles ever made and I will own 1 for life.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Gugenheim museum's Art of the Motorcycle Exhibit years ago. Any one who loves bikes should buy the book The Art of the Motorcycle.

45 years old. Been riding something in one form or another since about 13 years old. atc's, quads, bikes etc. This v max is my 5th street bike. Allways wanted one so here we are.

Back