Almost ready for paint (blue)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntmax

Reaction score
Almost fitted the scoops, getting ready for paint along with the seat and side panels to match the rest of the blue panels

Attachments

• maisie April 9th 2011 004.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 004.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 84
  • maisie April 9th 2011 003.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 003.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 66
  • maisie April 9th 2011 005.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 71
  • maisie April 9th 2011 006.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 006.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 60
  • maisie April 9th 2011 007.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 007.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 68
  • maisie April 9th 2011 009.jpg
    maisie April 9th 2011 009.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 61
Hi Bill, The blue coolant is called "engine ice" it is supposed to keep hit engines cooler than most other products.

Cheers

John

Hi Bill, The blue coolant is called "engine ice" it is supposed to keep hit engines cooler than most other products.

Cheers

John

if you do go with Engine Ice, be sure to completely flush out the old stuff, you cannot mix it with anything else, not even water (meaning it's not an additive like wetterwater).

i have used engine ice before, it looks blue in pictures but its more purple when up close. right now im running subaru blue, but its more of a green/blue and i was hoping to find something blue. thanks

i have used engine ice before, it looks blue in pictures but its more purple when up close. right now im running subaru blue, but its more of a green/blue and i was hoping to find something blue. thanks

engine ice doesn't mix with water right? so its not like if you made the ratio more 'engine icey' it would change the colour eh?

Engine Ice has water in it for christ sakes... WTF? It works fine with water. It's NOT Ethylene Glycol though. It's Propylene Glycol which means it's earth/pet friendly too. It IS a pre-mix so it doesn't need to be diluted.

I have it in both of my bikes. Bill, if you want it bluer, add food coloring to it. This stuff is clear and they add color to it. The reason it doesn't look blue enough is because it's such a thin area you're looking at. My coolant in my jugs look cobalt blue.

ya know until mine gets 1/3-1/2 in the thermostat it runs a bit lean so i'm happy running mine a bit 'hotter' b/c i never go into the red even idling in 100 degree heat

Back