alternative to vrod headlight mod ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Something I found today

TL007_1.jpg

TL007_3.jpg

TL007_4.jpg

Seems to be a cost effective substitute for headlight, look good IMO.
It can fit H4 bulbs. I ask the ebay seller just by curiosity

need a photo shop Wis to mock it up on the vmax to see what its like...or wait for pics of your bike with it on:biglaugh:

dang you took my idea
i have been think of getting one for a few weeks now
at $49 +s&h not to bad looking
you should get one and some pics so i can see what it looks like on the bike

I was thinking somebody will have mounted it before haha
It will take long for me to have it shipped.
I will still check the size and the mount when I will have time

not spose to put the like now every one will have one lol

was just joking
i thought i had already posted a link a few days ago in another thread

"Made of High Quality ABS Plastic With Chrome Finished "

That is the part I would be worried about....

Has anybody ever painted or refinished over chrome plated plastic? I would like to try this light , but don't want chrome.

i would say use 280--400 aluminum oxide sand paper to scuff it up a bit

True in black it might look better specially with that type of bracket :
350c_12.JPG

In case it cannot be bold on the original due to the size of the headlight.

Anyone try installing one of these yet? I like the looks of the light and I'd like to know how much modding is required to get it to fit properly

Has anybody ever painted or refinished over chrome plated plastic? I would like to try this light , but don't want chrome.

Scuff it up, use an etching primer, hope for the best. You'll never get the adhesion you will with other metals, but if its in a safe area, you should be ok.

I bought this and installed it. From the front...10000% better. Looks like a much newer bike! However, the light cover back part thingy is far too deep. I left it off for now because it will require modifying to fit properly. The lighting is not very great on this ebay cheapo and it's entirely plastic so mounting is kind of scary. Looks fantastic though!

I have a vrod headlight in my garage so i will probably just end up installing that instead (was going to sell it). This will give me better lighting, better build quality, and stronger mounting.

Attachments

• IMG00510.jpeg
    IMG00510.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 103
I ordered one also. I will be happy if you can put more pictures about the mounting :)
For the lighting you're using H4 bulbs ?
Even if not provided, the seller told me it will still fit.
I'm planning to put my HID inside or to swap to an High/low H4-3 if the headlight has enough place.

Back