Another CL scammer!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Saw a deal that looked too good to be true on CL. Wrote an email to the person and here is their response. Who falls for this shit?

shara anderson [email protected]
9:55 AM (3 hours ago)
to me

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2 ATVs and trailer. The ATVs is in perfect working condition, garage kept, with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me. For this transaction I want to use eBay because I want to have a smooth and fast transaction . The ATVs is at the shipping company warehouse in Austin,TX and from there it will be shipped to buyer's address. You will have to make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the ATVs and trailer. ONLY AFTER you receive the ATVs and you inspect it (for 5 days) they will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the ATVs at your requested address. During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the ATVs before decided to buy it. In this way we are both protected.
The final price is $2,450.00 with shipping costs and insurance included. The price is low because I want to sell the ATVs very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and move to my sister in Austin,TX. I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so I'm trying to sell it online.

If you are really interested in purchasing the ATVs please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. eBay will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible .

Best Regards

I have gotten a few of CL scams off my listing for my 85 Honda Magna lol. The last one email this -
-

From: "anneb paul" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: "Paul Weyand" <[email protected]>

Hi thanks for the mail,am ok with the price and the condition,am
buying it for my holiday,because i'll be coming soon from our rig as
am a petroleum project engineer on a rig offshore,i won't be able to
come for the inspection due to the nature of my work,i would have love
to call in person but we have call restriction due to bad weather
condition our satellite server has been down.i will be paying you
through PayPal, pls get back to me with your PayPal details so i can
proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come
to pick it up and deliver it in my place.
Hope to read back from you soonest

--
good seller i will like to know if your item is still for sale if so get me
back asap

now to email me with a down satellite system how does that work but can not call:confused2:

Which of coarse I replied with --

Yes the bike is still for sale. It is as listed. Payment will be make, bike transferred out of my name before getting released. I will not meet with an agent nor send any money to said agent. I do not want any over payments for said agents. Transportation is not my problem and I will not forward any monies for transportation. The bike has a clean Ky. title and will have to be transferred out of my name. You are more than welcome to view the bike, buy the bike at my price, transfer the bike and then you may take the bike. Thank you for interest in the motorcycle.
---
And he had the gall to email me back to ask for an agent to 'pick up' the bike. lol

Before I got the one above I got this one. --

--- On Mon, 1/30/12, Rene David <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: 85 Honda Magna v45 700cc - $3500 (Louisville,Ky)
To: "Paul Weyand" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 5:16 PM

Thanks for the quick response, i am buying this item as a birthday gift for dad and i am at sea at this moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise for dad so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him in United State , i am sure he will be more than happy with the item,.I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address and name you use for the registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.my dad have pick up agent that will come and pick the item up after i have made the payment.I would really like to come to see the item, but due to my work frame that would not be possible, I am a Marine engineer , I am now on the ship, but if you got the item pics. you can send to me to have a good look
Are you the first owner of the item ,
Does the item have any mechanical disabilities presently?
What is your reason for selling it?
I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed.
Note: I will pay you $4,000.00 for the item.Get back to me with your PayPal e-mail asap.
Regards

And I replied to him --

Re: 85 Honda Magna v45 700cc - $3500 (Louisville,Ky)Monday, January 30, 2012 5:42 PM
From: "Paul Weyand" <[email protected]>View contact details
To: "Rene David" <[email protected]>

Yes the bike is sound, as the add stated. I have been through another person wanting to buy the bike and wanted to over pay me, so I would send the extra money to a 3rd party. I got a fake payment notice with paypal logo, letter head but was fake. Paypal confirmed that it was a fake, I forwarded the email to paypal. I will invoice you via paypal from your email, for only the asking price no more no less. I will not forward any money to anyone. I will be happy to sell the motorcycle for the list price only. The bike will not be release till it is transfer out of my name. I have a clean Kentucky title. The bike is an 1985 so I would not be the first owner.

it smelled fishy to me right from the start, and in the CL ad I have photo's and a detail listing on the Honda
I knew that it was a scam right off :rofl_200:

When you think it is a scam do a google search on the email address and you will find out that the email belongs to someone that has sent out many other scam letters before. lol

Last edited:
Unfortunately people are constantly getting screwed. I think a lot of folks are just naive and trusting.

Some dude here in Portland (according to the local news) signed up for automatic withdrawals on his mortgage, only to find out 18 months later he's been sending monthly payments to the scammer and the bank is now foreclosing on the house.

I instantly think, what, you don't check your balance? You don't look at the monthly statements? WTF? But at the same time, I think a lot of folks just aren't on the lookout for being screwed over.

Okay, rant over. Not sure if I even had a point ...

Unfortunately people are constantly getting screwed. I think a lot of folks are just naive and trusting.

Some dude here in Portland (according to the local news) signed up for automatic withdrawals on his mortgage, only to find out 18 months later he's been sending monthly payments to the scammer and the bank is now foreclosing on the house.

I instantly think, what, you don't check your balance? You don't look at the monthly statements? WTF? But at the same time, I think a lot of folks just aren't on the lookout for being screwed over.

Okay, rant over. Not sure if I even had a point ...

well think if a scammer just happened to hit someone who just bought a house asking if they wanted to set up auto withdrawls. it could happen to a trusting person.

Latest posts

Back