Any vmax meets at the IOM TT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it turned out I will never know. I was sat waiting for the recovery van at the time I should have been at Glen Maye. Loose terminal on the battery and a phone and camera on charge the night before had seen my battery near fully discharged. Not even enough power to cycle the vboost on keying in. Had already tightened up the terminal, rechecked all was ok and just needed a boost to kick her back into life. One lap later and all was well again.

Rest of the holiday was awesome though. Only saw four other gen ones in the week i was there though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 28
As it turned out I will never know. I was sat waiting for the recovery van at the time I should have been at Glen Maye. Loose terminal on the battery and a phone and camera on charge the night before had seen my battery near fully discharged. Not even enough power to cycle the vboost on keying in. Had already tightened up the terminal, rechecked all was ok and just needed a boost to kick her back into life. One lap later and all was well again.

Rest of the holiday was awesome though. Only saw four other gen ones in the week i was there though.

You've still done something that the rest of us can only dream of. Congrats.

It must be incredible to take a Vmax around the same corners that you see in the videos.

Last edited:
You've still done something that the rest of us can only dream of. Congrats.

It must be incredible to take a Vmax around the same corners that you see in the videos.

Right until the engine bars start scraping the blacktop, thats a sound (heard way too often) that instantly shouts 'stop being a hero'. The bike did well over there though, ridden hard and up against some fast opposition, but if nothing else there are a lot of sports bike riders out there wondering how an old vmax managed to not only pass them, but then Pull away and disappear off up the road away from them never to be seen again :biglaugh: .The bike handled well with no surprises, no headshaking or instability, awesome the whole time. Ran flat out on a few stretches which is an experience in itself on a vmax.

I wasnt sure how the clipons would fare, but as it turned out the riding position was perfect for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 27
Back