Anybody else drop out?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
About six weeks after I put a deposit on the '09 Max (fortunately, the dealer only hit me for $500, apparently the 1k is to reserve yamaha's financing, which I wasn't going to use) I started thinking to myself nightly "Dude, you're gonna burn twenty gees on a bike."

Tax, license, etc..... twenty thousand dollars.

Finally I just couldn't justify it, and I want one like a fat kid wants cake, but the money is just....irresponsible, for me anyway.

I killed my order and bought an '01 Max for 6k.

Anyone else find their "GIMME GIMME" wearing off?

About six weeks after I put a deposit on the '09 Max (fortunately, the dealer only hit me for $500, apparently the 1k is to reserve yamaha's financing, which I wasn't going to use) I started thinking to myself nightly "Dude, you're gonna burn twenty gees on a bike."

Finally I just couldn't justify it, and I want one like a fat kid wants cake, but the money is just....irresponsible, for me anyway.

Sorry to hear that! There isn't a chance in Hell I'm cancelling my order unless I lose my job or something horrific like that. Of course I signed mine for $18K after taxes and license so it's not a bad deal IMO! You still can't go wrong with the '01 Max, at least it's a Max!:biglaugh:

Sorry to hear about that. I didn't know that the $1000 down was for the financing... Mine is already paid for, anyway. :)

Sorry to hear this. You still have one of first Gen monsters so you will still be very happy for sure. Good luck with it.
Right now there is NO WAY I'm giving up yet.

What part of TN are you from? I am 25 miles N of Nashville?

I'm from a town called Hohenwald, about 70 miles SSW of Nashville, but I'm stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. And I'm currently serving in Afghanistan. I'll be doing some riding in TN from time to time. I'll be riding with my dad quite a bit, probably on the Natchez Trace for a good bit of it. But I'll have to see what kind of training the Army has set up for me in the few months I have back in the States. i have to be back over here again in July. :bang head:

i put down my 1k and found out on this forum that guys were getting them for 15k i was being charged 18k, noway, i'll keep the one i love before i get f*&^%$##@ed.

I'm from a town called Hohenwald, about 70 miles SSW of Nashville, but I'm stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. And I'm currently serving in Afghanistan. I'll be doing some riding in TN from time to time. I'll be riding with my dad quite a bit, probably on the Natchez Trace for a good bit of it. But I'll have to see what kind of training the Army has set up for me in the few months I have back in the States. i have to be back over here again in July. :bang head:

I know hohenwald. Me and 3 other buddies rode the trace back in August. We basically didnt last but 30 mins before meeting some blue lights, so we got off and ran hard into Columbia. The trace is a nice ride but I just cant ride 45MPH for any extent of time..

I know hohenwald. Me and 3 other buddies rode the trace back in August. We basically didnt last but 30 mins before meeting some blue lights, so we got off and ran hard into Columbia. The trace is a nice ride but I just cant ride 45MPH for any extent of time..

I agree, but my dad rides a Harley, and just likes to cruise along. Besides, he told me I had to slow down if I wanted to go riding with him. :) Have you ever rode out in east Tn over by Gatlinburg?

im sure your not the only one.. it is a lot of money with the economy in the shitter and dont think there going to sell there quota for the us market ... think they will be on the floor year after for 3000 less with no 2010 models made just a guess

WhoooAH! Ft Bragg. Been there... done that! LOL!

If I haven't said it before Medic. Thanks for Serving!

AIRBORNE!

im sure your not the only one.. it is a lot of money with the economy in the shitter and dont think there going to sell there quota for the us market ... think they will be on the floor year after for 3000 less with no 2010 models made just a guess

Please explain.

Gas is $1.97/gal this morning. All pumps are working. Grocery shelves are full of food. The sun came up and the high is going to be in the upper 60's or lower 70's. I still have my job. All the people I know still have their jobs. The paper released data this past week claiming the unemployment in this state is DOWN this month from a year ago. Does the economy depend upon what part of the US you live in, or has someone been watching too many Obammunism commercials? :confused2::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Please explain.

Gas is $1.97/gal this morning.

You do, I hope, realize the only reason gas is so cheap is because a presidential election is imminent, right?

As soon as the election is over it'll be going back up, this has been the pattern ever since I moved over here in 2006... :confused2:

Please explain.

Gas is $1.97/gal this morning. All pumps are working. Grocery shelves are full of food. The sun came up and the high is going to be in the upper 60's or lower 70's. I still have my job. All the people I know still have their jobs. The paper released data this past week claiming the unemployment in this state is DOWN this month from a year ago. Does the economy depend upon what part of the US you live in, or has someone been watching too many Obammunism commercials? :confused2::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

You keeping up with unemployment numbers and the drop in the GDP last month?

You do, I hope, realize the only reason gas is so cheap is because a presidential election is imminent, right?

As soon as the election is over it'll be going back up, this has been the pattern ever since I moved over here in 2006... :confused2:

Sorry Naughty, you can't have a "pattern" of presidential elections since 2006.:eusa_dance:

But you are probably right on when you say it will go back up after this election.

Sorry Naughty, you can't have a "pattern" of presidential elections since 2006.:eusa_dance:

But you are probably right on when you say it will go back up after this election.

I say it's a guarantee the prices will go back up after the elections, hopefully not as high

Back