Anyone bought any of Yamaha's aftermarket parts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansasvmax94

Reaction score
I'm interested in possibly buying the yamaha windscreen for the 09 Max. Just curious if anyones got one yet and how they like it. Anyone have anypictures of the 09 with it on? Same goes with the hard saddlebags that yamaha offers?

I'm interested in possibly buying the yamaha windscreen for the 09 Max. Just curious if anyones got one yet and how they like it. Anyone have anypictures of the 09 with it on? Same goes with the hard saddlebags that yamaha offers?

I have bought just about all the accessories for the 09 excecpt the windscreen,its on back order again,got the bags,putting them on tomorrow for the trip to thunder.I dont like the way they fit so close to the fender so i am machineing new 1 inch longer spaces to bring them off the fender and then i will make brackets for the bottom to stop the flex.The bags are of great quality and the fit and finish is real good.Hope this helps.

I bought the windscreen. It is not working for me, as the wind blast is still pretty fierce at eye level and above. Part of the problem is the fact that I'm 6'0"and pretty long legged. One of the guys had a custom shield made at Gustafson custom plastics in Fla.; that is taller and wider then stock, but uses the stock mounting bracket. I may go this route.He says it works wonders, no more wind buffeting up to 130 mph!
My bags just came in and although they are pretty small, they will suffice to carry a rain suit and a few small items. They are nicely made and match the bikes colors and shape.
Bill

I have the factory windsheild on mine and it works perfectly for me even at 130mph of course I'm only 5'5" and I can see where anyone over say 5'10" would have a problem.

Not the best quality pictures but here you go.

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
  • windshield 2.jpg
    windshield 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanks!!! So has anyone got the little "MadMax" looking flyscreen windshield for theres. I think that looks really cool, but wonder how it actually looks on the max itself.

Here's a pic I found on another website

Attachments

• 2009_VMAX_performance.jpg
    2009_VMAX_performance.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 63
here are a couple shots of my bike with the windscreen and bags (plus a few other upgrades):

vmax_platinum5.jpg

vmax_platinum3.jpg

gorgeous bike ken! told my g/f thats what i want for my birthday! i don't think she sgonna get me it tho! haha

I bought the touring shield also...

had same height/windblast issues ( being 6'2" tall ) ...

Fixed problem with an add-on wing from www.laminarlip.com ...

i bought the :

Universal Lip 14 Inch
For Cruiser Styled Shields
$84 plus shipping
#U1114C

And now can easily go 130++ without issue...

try this first... much less expensive solution !!!

Shield feels about 4" - 6" taller now @ "ludicrous" speed !!!

Back