Anyone done the MadMax 300 swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmtruc

Reaction score
http://madmax.com/avon3001.htm

I like way it looks, has anyone done this mod yet?

If so, please tell and how do you like it.

Keep in mind, I like straight line acceleration, as long as it turns and leans, I'm good. I realize it may hurt performance a bit, but it looks great, IMO!

thanks,
allen

I would second that from experiences and comments I have run into (there was a guy local who has one of them). Hercules on here has the 280 kit I believe. Pics should be in the garage for him.

Sean

I was one of the lucky ones, from what I read about other's expirences. He chain converted my XS11 a few years back, at much beggin on my part. Carl and Elizabeth are friendly good ppl, but a small shop. be prepared to wait a spell.

KJ

A local guy here has one. You can contact him at [email protected] I am sure that he would be willing to dicuss this with you. It does decrease HP and handling ability, but he gets a ton on compliments on it. If you are planning on doing this, do the whole thing. Barry's bike is completely done up and looks great. Some Corky did this on an other wise bone stock bike and it looks like ass. He has been trying to sell it on E-Bay for as long as I can remember, and never sold even though he kept lowering the price.

http://madmax.com/avon3001.htm

I like way it looks, has anyone done this mod yet?

If so, please tell and how do you like it.

Keep in mind, I like straight line acceleration, as long as it turns and leans, I'm good. I realize it may hurt performance a bit, but it looks great, IMO!

thanks,
allen

Run don't walk as fare away from Mad Max as you can.

Many horror stores about his parts.You could very easly spend 5K and have a bunch of parts that don't work.

Maybe Paul was doing good work 15 years ago, but he must be in his late 70's buy now. Shop was in his garage and a mess.

Good luck.

If you like the accleration and turning. just keep in mind when you start getting much bigger than 200 your engine starts suffering and losing horsepower dramatically and turning suffers badly. But, even I love the looks of the fat tire kits. OTEC is way to go. Roy

I have a buddy here in Ontario that has the 3" over 240 kit from OTEC and it is a work of art. First class machining and fitment. Attached is a pic of his Max.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0787.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0787.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 95
this one is on ebay!!! You are bidding on a used Custom Mad Max Vmax chrome swingarm kit 3.5" extended with a set of front & rear Performance Machine Trespasser wheels with custom made hubs to fit the vmax.
This kit will completely transform your stock Vmax into a one of a kind custom bike that you can install in a few hours. Some minor fabrication may be needed depending on different bikes tolerances.
The Swingarm kit includes: Chrome Swingarm that will fit up to a 250mm rear tire/wheel. (Chrome is in good shape only a few blemishes that are not noticable when mounted) Fat wide rear fender with mounting bracket. (Currently painted black)
18" x 8.5" PM Trespasser polished aluminum rear wheel, custom hubs, with a used Avon Venom-R 250/40R/18 which still has plenty of tread left.
18" x 3" PM Trespasser polished aluminum front wheel, custom hubs that your stock brake discs will bolt up to. NOTE: ONLY FRONT WHEEL,HUBS AND TIRE ARE BEING SOLD, FRONT BRAKES & DISCS ARE NOT BEING SOLD YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR STOCK DISCS.
Also included are custom brackets, after market rear brake stay arm, spacers, axle, nuts & bolts needed to complete the installation. You will need to purchase a 3.5" longer rear brake line there are several manufactures that will make the lines any length you need.

search vmax swingarm. i personally prefer the otec stuff. i have pretty much all their parts but the swingarm on the bike and they are the shit! all otec clear covers, all otec small accessories, otec rearsets, and otec triples for r1 forks.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 41
Back