anyone have soft bags with Maxgasser?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some cycle gear BILT saddle bags for trips with the wifey they seem pretty good got em on sale for $50.00

That presents the only problem I have with the Maxgasser and the "remove the seat" method. I use throw-over bags and a tail/seat bag on trips and didn't want to remove them and then re-install every time I gassed up. The Corbin with the plug (not the flap) and the remodeled stock seat allow this. If I just used bags and not the tail/seat bag, the Corbin with the flap worked also. I have had both styles of Corbin and a remodeled stock seat but not the Maxgasser. There may be a method with the Maxgasser but I am not aware of it.

I have the Maxgasser and 2 sets of vinyl saddlebags (small and large) They were mopdified to bolted on the sides of the bike using the upper shock mount and the stock signal light.

Only the large bags needed the seat strap section of the saddlebags for extra support. I modified the strap, by adding two belt buckles to hold the two straps together. So at a gas station, you undo the buckles, flip up the rear section of the Maxgasser seat and gas up.

Mike

I have the Maxgasser and 2 sets of vinyl saddlebags (small and large) They were mopdified to bolted on the sides of the bike using the upper shock mount and the stock signal light.

Only the large bags needed the seat strap section of the saddlebags for extra support. I modified the strap, by adding two belt buckles to hold the two straps together. So at a gas station, you undo the buckles, flip up the rear section of the Maxgasser seat and gas up.

Mike

Please post pictures. :D

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I don't have recent pics as my main computer crashed :bang head: and the bike is still buried in the back of the garage. So here is an old thread showing how the small bags are mounted. Only difference with the large bags is the strap that goes on top of seat.

Here's the small set of saddlebags that I have on - also have a larger set but no pics right now - used the signal stalks and the upper shock mounts as bolting points - riveted a piece of plexiglass on the inside back panel for strength - they don't lock in anyway, but come off in a couple of minutes (2 bolts holding each one). Been using this set up for years with good results.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

I dont know about the rest of you but i find this title to be some funny ass shit.

RE: ANYONE HAVE SOFT BAGS WITH MAXGASSER? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back