Anyone tried the cyclops led headlight?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might actually have their previous version. I had to cut the headlight shell to make it fit because of the cooling fan. It's pretty good, and very white. Other people will see you a lot, but our small stock headlight is the real problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The new 2015 design is suppose to be smaller in size but still 3800 lumens.. I ordered one just now, used the coupon code of "capevoice" for 7 bucks off.

I'll let you know how it goes!

I think I might actually have their previous version. I had to cut the headlight shell to make it fit because of the cooling fan. It's pretty good, and very white. Other people will see you a lot, but our small stock headlight is the real problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've had my 'Max since 1993 and I always disliked the anemic stock headlight until I made this mod.

Use a 7" EMGO (steel) bucket w/downtube headlight clamps which have rubber inserts. I like the H-D lenses which have little in the way of fluting, the prisms on the glass. They work well w/a HID kit. Probably work well w/an LED kit too. Parts Unlimited should carry the EMGO parts. I got the double-bolt rubber insulated 'ears' for mounting the headlight off the internet, 43 mm size. I junked the bolts it came with, and got stainless steel bolts and rubber washers, and SS fender washers to provide additional vibration insulation for the headlight mounting, and to make it easy to aim the headlight. It keeps its point of adjustment but doesn't need any tools to aim it higher or lower.

Attachments

• Hlight.5.JPG
    Hlight.5.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Hlight.3.JPG
    Hlight.3.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Hlight.2.JPG
    Hlight.2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Hlight.4.JPG
    Hlight.4.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 59
I've had my 'Max since 1993 and I always disliked the anemic stock headlight until I made this mod.

Use a 7" EMGO (steel) bucket w/downtube headlight clamps which have rubber inserts. I like the H-D lenses which have little in the way of fluting, the prisms on the glass. They work well w/a HID kit. Probably work well w/an LED kit too. Parts Unlimited should carry the EMGO parts. I got the double-bolt rubber insulated 'ears' for mounting the headlight off the internet, 43 mm size. I junked the bolts it came with, and got stainless steel bolts and rubber washers, and SS fender washers to provide additional vibration insulation for the headlight mounting, and to make it easy to aim the headlight. It keeps its point of adjustment but doesn't need any tools to aim it higher or lower.

Looks good! I will remember this if I can't stuff that led in the stock frame, thank you!

Install headlight relays. Eastern Beaver makes a nice kit, or sells the parts to wire up your own. That's what I did, and the light output increased by a HUGE amount. You are presently drawing power through the whole harness to get to the light. Lots of connections that may not be as good as they could be causing resistance and loss of voltage to the light. Relays power the light directly from the battery. Use heavier gage wire and you will see the difference. Put an 80/100 watt bulb in and you will turn night into day.

I installed the led tonight, took me 10 minutes to install the light and about 20 minutes to get the new wires stuffed into the headlight. Lol

Fit fine in the stock headlight and is really really bright. My light is now 5 times brighter on low than it was on high before. Very good pattern and light penetration. I'm really happy.

Back