Aprilia Tuano seating vs V Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennsVmax

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding an Aprilia Tuano to the stable. Anyone out there who has one or ridden one lately that can tell me if the seating is as upright as the vmax?

I am having a hard time finding one locally to sit on and check out. I have a bad back so seating position is important to me.

I think the 2003-05 are more upright with 06 on lowering bar and moving pegs more rearward.

Thanks for the feedback.

Glenn

I've sat on one. I didn't find it all too comfortable. But a more padded seat would fix that. As far as riding position its about the same as a max with drag bars.
I have a several crushed discs in my back with several in the L1-L4 area. It didn't seem to bother me too much, then again I just sat on it. I don't know how some riding time would feel.

I liked the look of the bike, Then again I'm partial to naked bikes in general.

Do you have an idea of what year the Tuano that you sat on was?

If my memory serves me, I think it was an '05. I remember the conversation and I couldn't believe is was 5 years old, based on how clean and showroom condition it was. I've never seen one before. The owner mentioned it basically was a stripped version of one of thier sportbikes. Either way, I liked it.

I had an '03 Tuono for a couple years. Bike feels super light and I found the seating position to be great (not all that different from the Max really). The stock seat is pretty thin, however, so if you're looking to log serious miles there is an aftermarket seat from Sargeant that is supposed to be good. That v-twin is a nice sounding engine, also. The Tuono would be a great stablemate for the V-Max IMHO.

yeah, I have been casually looking at Touno's for the last few month's and now with the Touno V4 coming out in a few months I've got the hots for one bad. Haven't seen a Touno in person but it just affects me like my max does.

I have an 04 Tuono and a 99 V-MAX. i am 6'2" and 265lbs. I had Laminectomy surgery L4 L5 in 2001. Then two herniated discs in 2008.For me the ride is comfortable and the set up suits me. I can tell you that after about 100 miles my lower back above my ass hurts, not crazy pain but uncomfortable. Nothing an Ibuprofin can't handle. I do lean forward more on the Tuono than the Max but not by much. It is definitely not set up like a race replica sport bike. The pegs on the tuono are more to the rear than the V-Max and I agree the bars are kind of like a V-max with drag bars. The seat is not the most luxurious but it is right up there with the V-Max on comfort. These two bikes are some of the best purchases I have ever made. The first time I rode the Tuono I asked myself where has this bike been all my life. I purchased the Tuono new and haven't felt the need to modify it in any way to make it more comfortable. I honestly cannot complain about the seat comfort, pegs or bars. Hope this helps.

Back