Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Dustin and I live in SE South Dakota. I looked for a V-max a few years back when I first started riding but couldnt find one. I ended up getting a cherry 02 Magna. Last week I saw a 02 V-Max for sale (asking $4500) near me and bought it the same day (for $4000). The original owner jetted, put individual filters, and supertrap slip ons on it (no caps or disks...loud!) It is not a "10" but I love it all the same. I hope to add different exhaust and do some other minor mods this summer. After about 200 miles I noticed some slippage in fourth gear and soon in all gears. I have a clutch and heavier spring on order.

Attachments

• Magna Vmax.jpg
    Magna Vmax.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 14
Greetings, new member here...name is John. Just bought an 86 with 16k miles on it. recently moved to Sacramento too....like another recent new member, Sactomax.

Coming off a very fun 2007 Speed Triple but always wanted a VMax so thats what I got. Mines got custom Ferrari yellow paint(not my fav color but at least I may be easier to spot by left turners) 4-1 Hindle exhaust. Upgraded shocks and springs, fork brace, drag bars, and many new essential parts replaced. Runs like a dream.:punk:

It was immaculately clean and that sealed the deal along with of course my first ride on it. Felt like I had freaking King Kong under me. The way this bike makes me "feel" riding it isnt something easily found elsewhere in motorbiking.

See ya around...

Welcome Triumph1050. Thats a great description. I've had mine 2 years and still feel the same way.:punk:

Hey forum! New VMax owner, found this site via various searches I did on google to look up different VMax related things. Found myself browsing this site as a guest quite a few times so I just decided to join. I purchased my first real motorcycle In January of this year. A 1984 VF700S. Pretty sweet bike, but I purchased it with the intent of getting comfortable enough on it that I could sell it and buy a bike that I REALLY wanted.
Showed my fiancee some pics of the VMax and was just commenting on its general badassery. She actually found my 2007 VMax for sale at a Victory dealership. She suggested that I just get it since I want one so badly. So I sold my Honda about 2 weeks ago and used the $$ for the down payment on the VMax. Had it for 10 days now and I love it! I'm the second owner and the first owner took immaculate care of it and has a very detailed service record. Completely stock with the exception of the drilled exhaust that I did yesterday. Currently has 15k miles on it. My bike is my primary vehicle and I put about 50 miles a day on it.

Any suggestions, questions or comments?

:th_image003:Three New guys today Welcome All ! great bike , great site You will all love it here. more info then you will ever need :)ummm: I hope) EDIT FOUR NEW GUYS today,wecome cantrucker

Welcome all you new guys - you will love it here it's got everything you'll ever need for your Max and tons of great and helpful people to boot.

And best of it, we all love our Max! :)

Hey all!

Just got a V-Max yesterday after wanting one since they came out. I've had a zillion bikes, notables to include 'Busa, ZX-12, Valkyrie, Yamaha and Honda Turbos, Harley, etc.

I'm a horsepower junkie so my four-wheel rides are fun, too. Although I've gotten rid of the fastest of them the 650 hp Renntech'd S600 Benz is still a bunch of fun when a pass is needed.

The V I just bought has the 2nd gear issue - I bought it knowing that. I don't plan on doing anything about it because I think this bike will be plenty of fun the way it is. It's in great shape in every other way and with only 38K on the clock I figured 1400.00 was a good buy.

I should also say that before I got this I figured I was done with riding. Early on I always went with the fastest thing I could get. After realizing the stupidity of 170 mph on back country roads I swapped to the Valkyrie. Nice but boring. Went back to a sportbike and it was just no fun unless I was being stupid. Enter the Harley. It was fun for a while but I just couldn't get past feeling like every ride was Halloween what with having to wear the gear, the two-day growth of facial hair and the scowl. Sorry, just wasn't me.

My first ride on the new bike was positive. Enough power to keep me interested with a reasonable riding position. I hope the spark can be re-ignited.

:th_image003:Three New guys today Welcome All ! great bike , great site You will all love it here. more info then you will ever need :)ummm: I hope) EDIT FOUR NEW GUYS today,wecome cantrucker

RIGHT ON!! Welcome all! enjoy the site and know that there are a great bunch of people here!

Howzit! (South Africanism for "Hi, How's things going?")
New here, been prowling for a while gleaming some helpful insights. Just bought my 1st V-max, collect it next week.
Always been a fan of the V4 engine, owned a VF750F and VFR750F. Also a big fan of the V-max.
Active on a bike safety forum in South Africa called Think Bike.

I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions shortly.

Keep the rubber side down.
ta2B

Welcome Bryan! You found the best online resource for the Max, bar none. And, top bunch of nice guys n gals to boot! Do post pics of your ride when you get it, we love to see them :)

Hi guys, Im Moz a new VMax owner. Ive got a 96 standard with only 7000 miles on her. Unfortunately there were issues due to lack of use, but all sorted now, just got steering head bearings to adjust now and all should be cool.
:eusa_dance:

Welcome to all the wild world of mod monkey. There will be a lot of help. Lots of post on everything you can think of. Enjoy and welcome

Howdy all.

My name is Javier - I also go by Hank.

I'm that guy who had his epic fail on this thread: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=22845

The inspiration for my screen name came from the infamous post below taken from that thread:

biglaugh.gif
rofl_200.gif
rofl_200.gif
biglaugh.gif

Yeah what a bonehead! We all make mistakes, bet that was one of his "more-costly" ones! I'm glad he didn't suffer any more.

... Seemed like a good fit.

In other news, I'm pretty healed up from the injuries I sustained about a week ago, and I'm just waiting on a couple parts to arrive in the mail so I can put this awesome bike back on the road. For what it's worth, the bike is NOT totaled (lucky me), and all that is needed to get this bike on the road is the front brake reservoir cover. All else is cosmetic, and it's not even "that" bad. Those engine guards that were on the Max really saved the whole thing!

I'll post up pictures later when I have a little more time to show progress on the bike as it sits now, then as it improves in a future thread. I'll also put up pictures of random injuries it so desired just for the heck of it.

I'm glad to be here on this forum, and I look forward to interacting with you guys on some level in the future.

:smoke000:- Bonehead

Welcome one and all new members! Bonehead....dude Im glad your here!

Bonehead welcome to the forum and I think you now have a life time friend with a113ycat Glad you have a story to tell and have a113ycat tell you his story on how he got his purple heart not to long either. I am sure you will find most of us little crazy and we all have stories to tell. Can't wait to see the photo's

Latest posts

Back