Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! Lots a new guys....WELCOME!!

Mopheos, if it quits when it's hot, then starts back up after a 15 - 20 minute rest check your grounds, they may need beefing up. Or, just add an additional ground and see if it still quits.

danny

Hello all, I'm an old guy from Sacramento. I bid on an 85 Vmax last week on ebay, Saturday I drove my truck and trailer down to El Monte and picked it up. I've got about 931 questions to ask but for the next few days I've gotta take care of all them little gremlins that move in when a bike sits for a few years then get it running. I been looking around online for an owners manual and a service manual. One question I have right away is how do I access the battery? The PO is older than me and couldn't remember how to unlatch the seat. Thanks for letting me in. TIA Jay

Hi Jay! Nice to meet you. PDF of the service manual: HERE Click on "Vmax Tech and Info" and you'll be able to download both the owner's manual and the full service manual. Sounds like you might know your way around a bike, but if you're still learning stuff the Hanes manual is highly recommended.

To remove the seat there are two small levers immediately behind the rear shocks. Press them both toward the front of the bike. Unless you have an aftermarket seat already, you also need to do this to access the fuel tank. Battery is a bit of a PITA to access - you'll have to remove or displace some of the wiring/coils.

Ask away with anything else - I've found that I usually get my questions answered within minutes of posting.

Again, welcome to the best damn forum online

Hi guys, I just got my vmax a couple weeks ago. Some of you here will be familiar with it. I bought the vmax from billyrodeit. If you read his post about selling it to a guy from NY, thats me. He did a great job on the work that he did. I have a few hundred miles on it now and everything seems fine. Also I believe I'm neighbors with evilD from tonawanda. I live about a half hour from there. back in 1986 I bought a 1985 kaw Eliminator. I had that for 13 years. That was a great bike, but with family stuff I had to sell it. Now it's 9 years later and It was time for another bike. The only bike I liked better than my eliminator was of course a vmax. billyrodeit highly recommended this sight, and I agree.
Tim

Did the stock exhaust mod today. Sounds great for the price. Hope to ride it to work tomorrow to get a better listen while riding.

Hi guys, I just got my vmax a couple weeks ago. Some of you here will be familiar with it. I bought the vmax from billyrodeit. If you read his post about selling it to a guy from NY, thats me. He did a great job on the work that he did. I have a few hundred miles on it now and everything seems fine. Also I believe I'm neighbors with evilD from tonawanda. I live about a half hour from there. back in 1986 I bought a 1985 kaw Eliminator. I had that for 13 years. That was a great bike, but with family stuff I had to sell it. Now it's 9 years later and It was time for another bike. The only bike I liked better than my eliminator was of course a vmax. billyrodeit highly recommended this sight, and I agree.
Tim

welcome neighbor

Just a short note to say HI:blahblah: Joining up with the Mighty Second Gen....:punk:
I selected this name but should have used 300RWHP the way this bike is putting out the ponies it won't be long :worthy: Keep it upright guys!

Welcome 200RWHP, Hope you enjoy this site as much as the rest of us.

and to welcome our other new member..

Приветствуйте шульц, Вы должны показать некоторые картины вашего года 92, есть alot информации здесь, наряду с большими людьми.

Thanks for the welcome guys,
from what I've read on the sight, you guys are pretty staight up with knowledge and advice on the max. I can also tell you like to have fun. I'm sure I'll be here alot.
Tim

Hi all, after wanting a V Max since I first saw one in the showroom in 1985, October 17th I finally got one. A 1995 and had 28,000 miles on it. I can honestly say that the wait was more than worth it. I've been spending time in the forums already today and I can relate to so many others that once you're on a Max, it's hard to bring it home. It had been 10 years since I had ridden and it took a few rides to actually get the feel of the road again. I have more than enough respect for the bike's power and will ease into the power as I feel comfortable. I'm really looking forward to putting some serious miles on her, did almost 90 last Sunday, and doing most of the maintenance myself. Here's a pic of "Thumper". Take care all. - Neal

Attachments

• 1995 vmax.jpg
    1995 vmax.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 20
i like the matching bellypan. Welcome! just need the oem side panels now huh!?

i stand corrected. nvm! however i like the half red look either way!

Hi, I'm new to the forum, - I joined even though I don't own a Vmax - I have a friend who owns two (and loves them).
I would also like to own one - I'm not capable of riding bikes anymore due to my physical condition, but I'm still very interested in what is going on in the (motorcycle) world.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, - I joined even though I don't own a Vmax - I have a friend who owns two (and loves them).
I would also like to own one - I'm not capable of riding bikes anymore due to my physical condition, but I'm still very interested in what is going on in the (motorcycle) world.

Welcome, enjoy the wealth of info on this site. There are a few NZ, riders here.

Hi I'm a new guy.I've been doing alot of reading on here cuz I'm having a hell of a time finding parts and accessories for my max But thanks for the forum guys!!!!!Tonnes of useful info here!!!!

Back