Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John "Red" Nelson....Msgt USAF Retired....
71 years old...got me a 2004 Vmax today.......can't remember why. Oh yes
It was on my bucket list.
The forum is a great source of information on the care and maintenance of the
beast.
Looking forward to interacting with the other folks

John "Red" Nelson....Msgt USAF Retired....
71 years old...got me a 2004 Vmax today.......can't remember why. Oh yes
It was on my bucket list.
The forum is a great source of information on the care and maintenance of the
beast.
Looking forward to interacting with the other folks

Welcome to the forum. ANY Vmax question can be answered here...lol....and a lot of other questions as well.

Thank you for your service.

Hi All

Hi Everyone

Im coming up to my 1st Anniversary of owning My 01 Full power "Rottweiler on steroids" thats the nick name i gave it hence my profile name!

Ive recently started to customise my pride and joy and look forward to sharing the pics with you all and also utilising the wealth of knowledge on here and looking at some nice V 4'S.

Ill settle for Nick if people are chatting to me lol

Hi, my name's Vu. I've signed up quite a time before I decided to buy my Vmax. Thanks you guys for all information. The more I research, the more I love the Vmax.

Mine is 97', I bought it from a Japanese auction page and shipped it home, but it turned out a Canadian model (how strange). I think i got lucky 'cause the previous owner took care of the bike well. He did fix the charging system, upgrade front brakes, mod the T-boost, etc.
But still, something there are need to do.

836f3cb7

df5bbe6b

Ride safe.

Hi, my name's Vu. I've signed up quite a time before I decided to buy my Vmax. Thanks you guys for all information. The more I research, the more I love the Vmax.

Mine is 97', I bought it from a Japanese auction page and shipped it home, but it turned out a Canadian model (how strange). I think i got lucky 'cause the previous owner took care of the bike well. He did fix the charging system, upgrade front brakes, mod the T-boost, etc.
But still, something there are need to do.

836f3cb7

df5bbe6b

Ride safe.

Attachments

• 390099cde2906a88975458db9a898b94ce27bfd3e84a978a850a11f1e7fda043.jpg
    390099cde2906a88975458db9a898b94ce27bfd3e84a978a850a11f1e7fda043.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 25
  • ed6f28ca040fbcf9a66a04eb17e0f61236fa67922192fdbfe2381d3d216fdae1.jpg
    ed6f28ca040fbcf9a66a04eb17e0f61236fa67922192fdbfe2381d3d216fdae1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks all.

@Mike: You are right. It is Over Racing exhaust. Sound nice at idle but a little bit quite when reving.

Welcome Vu!

Nice looking Max there... really makes me want to order a set of those knee plates for my '97!

Fellow Yamaha riders,
Ive been gone awhile, used to own a 99 and a 07, well, got back an 07., excellent shape, only 8k on it. I currently race two race prepped R1s. ride dirt bikes and now will ride the street again after a 16 yr hiatus, not sure how much longer I can do it, just hit 57... glad to be back though, im excited about putting all my go fast stuff back on this ill handling bike!! Scott

Hi Guys and Gals, i joined a few months ago and i am finally going to drop the hammer and order me a 2016 vmax. Ive got a 2013 M109 and its way to slow:) I do have a couple of questions. 1) I would like to get it the 240 rear wheel option, has anyone had to do the extra cleaning of the drive shaft (my dealer cant tell me what this entails)? 2) the dealer also says that the vamx has a speed limiter? This will really suck if true. Thanks

Welcome ! The 240 is no problem you need to find a different dealer to deal with no extra clearance needed. Yes it does have a speed limiter the best thing to do is send your ecu to Tim Nash & have it reflashed. If you want to save money on a couple mods you could buy my 2012 with 3800 miles.LOL There is a lot more gen 2 info here. http://www.starvmax.com/forum

Latest posts

Back