Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I'm a new member so it's time for a short introduction;)
Living in the Netherlands and a proud owner of a 96 Vmax with some modifications as shown on the picture. I have already learned al lot reading this great forum!
Besides the Vmax my other boytoys are (besides my wife) my car (Volvo V70R AWD) and my dog (Boerboel).

20160227_142928.jpg

Welcome Broes. Your Vmax looks great, and you have a big dog to keep it safe:eusa_dance:

Hi all. New to the forum. Long story short, my buddie has been storing his two motorcycles in my garage for the last 4 years. One is a black 92 vmax and the other is a deep red 1981 Honda CX500. Neither bike has been started since about 2008. Picked them both up for $1200. When they got moved in, the vmax would crank over and start, but would backfire and pour fuel out of the air vents of the carbs. Now it only cranks over and doesn't even try and fire. I have always liked the unique modes of transportatio. I just sold a built Honda VTR1000, and currently drive around a factory a turbo, 5speed, Dodge caravan. Not high HP but enough to get me in the low 14's without much effort or money :D I look forward to learning bunch here.

Welcome to all of the new members. Believe me, all of the Vmax questions that you have (and a lot of other questions) can be answered here.

Just picked up a 1985 V max ....barn find.....3500 miles......presently going through it to get it up and running. New member from Newfoundland,Canada...Directions: Go north to Canada....turn right....keep going until you get to the Atlantic ocean.....8 hour ferry ride.....you arrive Newfoundland.

Just picked up a 1985 V max ....barn find.....3500 miles......presently going through it to get it up and running. New member from Newfoundland,Canada...Directions: Go north to Canada....turn right....keep going until you get to the Atlantic ocean.....8 hour ferry ride.....you arrive Newfoundland.
How far from Labrador?

Hello!

I just purchased a "New" 2014 Gen II Vmax.
I am in Burleson Texas.
I paid cash for the bike, so modification funds are a bit limited.
The only mods so far are: Added K&N filter and removed the air box baffle/restriction. I also installed the "Puig" dark tinted wind screen, and custom cut my own tank protector (I have a sheet of the material left over from my Jeep days). Also, the Corbin tail kit is on its way (been waiting 3 weeks already :bang head:.

I am having the 1st service maintenance done at Burleson Power Sports (Ymaha) this morning. Its only got 500 miles on it, but I have not been very gentle with the throttle. So, Ill feel better once that is done.

Any other recommendations for someone who is not ready to drop 2K on a full system and flash?

Thanks.

Hello!

I just purchased a "New" 2014 Gen II Vmax.
I am in Burleson Texas.
I paid cash for the bike, so modification funds are a bit limited.
The only mods so far are: Added K&N filter and removed the air box baffle/restriction. I also installed the "Puig" dark tinted wind screen, and custom cut my own tank protector (I have a sheet of the material left over from my Jeep days). Also, the Corbin tail kit is on its way (been waiting 3 weeks already :bang head:.

I am having the 1st service maintenance done at Burleson Power Sports (Ymaha) this morning. Its only got 500 miles on it, but I have not been very gentle with the throttle. So, Ill feel better once that is done.

Any other recommendations for someone who is not ready to drop 2K on a full system and flash?

Thanks.
quincy, from a fellow Texan, take it easy for a little while until it is broken in. Hard to do huh?

Hi, my name is Eric, I live in Quebec and I am the owner of 3 vmax (1985,2000 and 2005) plus a frame at my name of another 1985 (witch will be rebuilt one day), one of my hobby is to work on motorcycles,especially in stock condition. For me the vmax 1200 is the most beautifull motorcycle of the world.

Hi, I'm Ian or margoram77 joined the forum as am the proud owner of 1995 Vmax. Live in England so am excited to see if there's anyone else on here from England in particular the midlands. Been trying to tidy up the Max for a while now so can get some serious miles under my belt and in a couple of years am hoping to either put her back to factory spec or doing something cool with her. Powder coat frame, front suspension upgrade, etc. Forum has already been a big help with looking for various bits and am a big fan of the Roadside assistance team what a great idea.
Anyway happy riding

Hi I am from Colorado and new to VMAX's but not new to motorcycles. Been riding forty years since my first Honda XR75! I rode Harleys for years and years but after my last crash I decided that I wanted something different. It seems that every douchebag around here has a Harley. But they all gravitate to my Max when it is parked. They have to respect the Max and anyone who dares ride one. I bought it last year stone cold stock and here is what I have done so far: installed T-Boost, installed 240 thermostat (temp stays nicely in the middle) installed K&N air filter, lowered the bike 2" front and rear and had the seat carved out and thinned since I am short (I had to have it towed to my house! It was too tall for me to ride!) I changed the mirrors to red bar end, the levers to red (my bike is black and the 2007 has the cool flames on the top cover so I am going with black and red), installed Delkevic shorty mufflers, flushed the entire cooling system and replaced the coolant with Engine Ice, flushed the entire hydraulic clutch line, replaced line with red braided steel and put in all Motil Dot 5.1 fluid, new tires all around, new fork seals, and I am about to install a tail tidy kit with led light, led turn/run/stop lights and an LED headlight bulb.

I decided that I wanted something different. It seems that every douchebag around here has a Harley. But they all gravitate to my Max when it is parked. They have to respect the Max and anyone who dares ride one.

Welcome, I'm ~20mi from Sturgis here in the Black Hills so I'm feelin' ya on that HD thing. Nobody hates motorcyclists more than where HDs are prevalent. We have to work extra hard to be courteous in effort to offset what cagers must experience just trying to get to and from work with all the parade bikes in the way all the time. Your riding the original Harley Killer now, Enjoy!!!

Welcome, I'm ~20mi from Sturgis here in the Black Hills so I'm feelin' ya on that HD thing. Nobody hates motorcyclists more than where HDs are prevalent. We have to work extra hard to be courteous in effort to offset what cagers must experience just trying to get to and from work with all the parade bikes in the way all the time. Your riding the original Harley Killer now, Enjoy!!!

Thanks!

Hi I am from Colorado and new to VMAX's but not new to motorcycles. Been riding forty years since my first Honda XR75! I rode Harleys for years and years but after my last crash I decided that I wanted something different. It seems that every douchebag around here has a Harley. But they all gravitate to my Max when it is parked. They have to respect the Max and anyone who dares ride one. I bought it last year stone cold stock and here is what I have done so far: installed T-Boost, installed 240 thermostat (temp stays nicely in the middle) installed K&N air filter, lowered the bike 2" front and rear and had the seat carved out and thinned since I am short (I had to have it towed to my house! It was too tall for me to ride!) I changed the mirrors to red bar end, the levers to red (my bike is black and the 2007 has the cool flames on the top cover so I am going with black and red), installed Delkevic shorty mufflers, flushed the entire cooling system and replaced the coolant with Engine Ice, flushed the entire hydraulic clutch line, replaced line with red braided steel and put in all Motil Dot 5.1 fluid, new tires all around, new fork seals, and I am about to install a tail tidy kit with led light, led turn/run/stop lights and an LED headlight bulb.
Welcome Roodillom, After reading all that you have done I'm sure we will be needing your help on some things so stay in touch.

Latest posts

Back