Attention Nor'Easters....Devil's Tombstone Run looming large

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo (165).jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo (166).jpgDont think I'll make this run, prolly going to be use truck shopping, My truck got totaled sunday, at least I think theyll total it. it doesn't look bad but she took a HARD hit, snaped an axle and tweaked the frame. you cant really tell from the pic but she hit the driver side front wheel , fender , door and rocker panel , bed and cut the tire. pushed me into the curb so hard that the passenger side axle snaped, at least one bent spring perch. I loved this truck inspite of it being a ford.

Thanks mike, we're ok. Adjuster was just here, he's going to total it :(

Thanks for the invite Danny, I'd love to get over there again for another fun ride but unfortunately will be out of town visiting the inlaws. (On 4 wheels that is..... full of my boys!) I'll have to miss out on this one. The foliage should be about peak then too as its getting close here. Have fun, ride safe and be sure to post some pics!
Glad you're ok Ricky. Hope your truck shopping goes well.

View attachment 39557

View attachment 39558

View attachment 39559Dont think I'll make this run, prolly going to be use truck shopping, My truck got totaled sunday, at least I think theyll total it. it doesn't look bad but she took a HARD hit, snaped an axle and tweaked the frame. you cant really tell from the pic but she hit the driver side front wheel , fender , door and rocker panel , bed and cut the tire. pushed me into the curb so hard that the passenger side axle snaped, at least one bent spring perch. I loved this truck inspite of it being a ford.

Jeez, that sucks Rick! Sure hope no injuries, was the red SUV in it too or just taking evasive action?

Sorry you won't be making it Dan, maybe next one, eh?

Well guys I turn 40 tomorrow. Good news is I can leave early and meet you at the diner. The other news is I have to be on the Mass. pike eastbound between 3:30 and 4:00 to be back for a family get together my wife is having. I might have to break off from the tombstone ride at some point and crank it back my way if we're not already back at the diner.

Well guys I turn 40 tomorrow. Good news is I can leave early and meet you at the diner. The other news is I have to be on the Mass. pike eastbound between 3:30 and 4:00 to be back for a family get together my wife is having. I might have to break off from the tombstone ride at some point and crank it back my way if we're not already back at the diner.

HBD young John.

That sounds about right, doc. If we get out on the road shortly after 11:00....3+hrs on the loop......1-1/2hrs breaks & lunch gets us back to diner about 4:00ish......

That sounds about right, doc. If we get out on the road shortly after 11:00....3+hrs on the loop......1-1/2hrs breaks & lunch gets us back to diner about 4:00ish......
This sounds like a fun ride. It'll probably end up being a 340 mile round trip for me. Probably leave my house @ 9 am, grab a coffee and get some gas and roll towards NY. It looks like I could basically jump off the Taconic exit and just head south till' the diner.

Just what I was thinking too Mike, should work out just right....and if we have to do a little 'adjusting' somewhere along the way.....well, we ARE piloting VMax's after all!!

Will you be able to give a little gps assisstance after we leave Phoenecia? I've never been around the Scary, Woodstock loop. (That's right, we're going thru a town called Scary! Seems appropriate for the Devil's Tombstone Run....ey?)

This sounds like a fun ride. It'll probably end up being a 340 mile round trip for me. Probably leave my house @ 9 am, grab a coffee and get some gas and roll towards NY. It looks like I could basically jump off the Taconic exit and just head south till' the diner.

Hey, this is great DR., glad you can make it and Happy Birthday!
Yes, jump on the Taconic and head South 9 or 10 miles, you can't miss it, it's on the left, a diner and Mobil gas station.

Latest posts

Back