Ballistic EVO2 battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVMAX

Reaction score
Howdy friends, I posted this a while back and only had a couple hits on it so I thought I would try again and see any results. I am just wondering if anyone has put in the Ballastic EVO battery? The things weights less than 3 lbs. Has over 300 cold crank and comes with a 3 year warranty. Q bit pricy but I hear nothing but amazing from other sources. Well any thoughts would great. Be safe, Jeff

I got one. I put a 8 cell in originally but it didn't like being used cold. Upgraded to the 12 cell and it's awesome. A little bit of a tight squeeze but it will fit in the battery box with a little persuasion

Howdy friends, I posted this a while back and only had a couple hits on it so I thought I would try again and see any results. I am just wondering if anyone has put in the Ballastic EVO battery? The things weights less than 3 lbs. Has over 300 cold crank and comes with a 3 year warranty. Q bit pricy but I hear nothing but amazing from other sources. Well any thoughts would great. Be safe, Jeff

Well, I decided to make the investment. Picking it up today. Got a good deal if you call it that $170 out the door price. Will let you all know.

Well, I decided to make the investment. Picking it up today. Got a good deal if you call it that $170 out the door price. Will let you all know.

It's installed!! amazing, less than 3 lbs.. Tight fit but WOW! You hit that starter and pops right off. I think it was worth the investment.

Well after only about half a season my ballistic battery has crapped the bed, I guess these things don't like having the key left on over night, lol, I have been working on my new gauge setup and have the front end all apart as well so there was no lights to indicate I accidentally left the key on, went out the next morning and the battery was dead, tried charging it up with the balance charger and one of the cell series has 0 volts (should be around 3.5), contacted ballistic directly and there is nothing they can do so I had to buy a new battery, went back to the stock lead acid because at least if it happens again I won't be out $200. Not to mention the lead acid will probably have a better chance of surviving such a thing. So to the people that have these batteries, don't let them die, lol

Don't they require a special charger? Maybe with the correct charger it could be revived? :confused2:

I did have the special charger but it wouldn't work until the voltage was higher, I was told to put it on a regular charger to get the voltage back up then I used the special one but it didn't work.

When my odyssey battert died it would not take a regular trickle charge Odyssey told my to crank my charger to 10amps for about 15 hours that worked like a champ, most newer chargers I guess won't pick up the charge status until the amps get higher.

The lithium batteries we use in the flashlights and lasers can use a "protected" cell.
This is a device which shuts battery power off if voltage drops to dangerous levels. It can keep a cell from being overcharged, too. I'm not sure if this protection circuit (which simply attached flat to the end of the battery) could handle starting cranking amps, though...

Check out Dealextreme.com to read a bit about protected cells.

I thought some of the new type batteries had a different resistance and tricked the regular chargers into thinking they were charged when they weren't. I found this out on my first replacement sealed m/c battery on my 1991 HD Sturgis. I initially charged it on my Battery Tender and left it hooked up most of the time and it showed the battery fully charged. However it never got fully charged and lasted less than a year. The original that came with the bike was fully charged by the shop and lasted 5 years. Both batteries were exactly the same HD OEM. Since the replacement was still under warranty, I got a new one and changed my charging regimen. It was still good when I sold the bike 3 years later. The Odyssey batteries have specific charging instructions and recommend their own charger. :confused2:

You aren't supposed to let My Shoria go below 13 volts. I guess I better keep my eye on it.

Latest posts

Back