Best 09 Deals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
I paid the full price for my 09 Vmax $16,990 after the $1000 deposit on June 18th. The only break they gave me was no set up fee ($529) was added. I did see one advertised on ebay last month or so for $17,000 by a Minisota Dealer. Anybody else out there able to get a better deal on their 09.

Photo's are my 93 posed with the new 09 at Sturgis SD.

Attachments

• P1010153-1.jpg
    P1010153-1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010156.jpg
    P1010156.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Misc to file112.jpg
    Misc to file112.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I actually haven't negotiated a final price with my dealer, yet. All I've done is put the $1k down. I'm done make an offer of $16k in cash to walk out of the door with it. It may be hard for him to refuse a stack of 160 one hundred dollar bills. What do you guys think?

Highlands yamaha was selling for $15999 plus $40 for doc. fee OTD!

It maybe too late to get a deal after the fact!

ride safe,

vrodtom

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I actually haven't negotiated a final price with my dealer, yet. All I've done is put the $1k down. I'm done make an offer of $16k in cash to walk out of the door with it. It may be hard for him to refuse a stack of 160 one hundred dollar bills. What do you guys think?

To be quite honest if I was your dealer with your deposit and havent decided finnal value I would ramp up all cost now. It your $1000. to lose. The Dealer aint out anything. How did you not know the finnal value. I would guess they are considering the fact you agreed to MSRP. When I lefet my dealler I knew every Penny due including Tax and tags so I wouldnt be surprized with a bill I couldnt swing from costs that werent talked about. If you can flash and grab the that is nice.:confused2:

A dealer makes more money when he gets you to finance the bike. He is about to make a thousand in cash if you walk away, he is actually losing money he already has by letting you get the bike for less than a 1000 dollar profit now. No negotiation before non-refundable deposit??????:confused2:

I guess I was under the impression that you had to make your best deal when you put your $1000 deposit down. I was given that impression anyway. When they were first announced I don't think most dealers where giving up much!

I don't think anyone's a dumb ass. Sometimes you have to take you're best shot. I heard that some dealers were jacking up the price over MRRP when they first came up for grabs. I just talked to my dealer and he claims that the $1000 deposit went to Yamaha Motor Co. and not the Dealer. It is what it is at this point I guess>

Yea, sorry if that came thru too harsh. I also heard that the deposit goes to the factory but isn't it still non refundable? I was just wondering the thought process of the whole situation. Go in, give a deposit and negotiate the final price later?...if it is refundable then that is actually a great idea.:biglaugh:

Yea, sorry if that came thru too harsh. I also heard that the deposit goes to the factory but isn't it still non refundable? I was just wondering the thought process of the whole situation. Go in, give a deposit and negotiate the final price later?...if it is refundable then that is actually a great idea.:biglaugh:

No worries. I'll tell you what, when I get back to the States and I can talk to the dealer, I'll let you know how it goes.
When I placed the order, I did it via the internet and a buddy of mine was there to pick up the order confirmation.

No worries. I'll tell you what, when I get back to the States and I can talk to the dealer, I'll let you know how it goes.
When I placed the order, I did it via the internet and a buddy of mine was there to pick up the order confirmation.

Duh? I forgot you were overseas...I remember seeing that you were;...around this forum somewhere.:confused2: So yea, you must of wanted this thing real bad to go thru getting your deposit in on time. If they don't give you a deal then we can just butt stroke em' in the face until they do. :biglaugh: Thanks for your service Doc.

Duh? I forgot you were overseas...I remember seeing that you were;...around this forum somewhere.:confused2: So yea, you must of wanted this thing real bad to go thru getting your deposit in on time. If they don't give you a deal then we can just butt stroke em' in the face until they do. :biglaugh: Thanks for your service Doc.

No worries. At the time I heard a rumor that they were almost gone, so I was a bit quick with the emails to the dealer and the friend. He did say that they would give a military discount, but he didn't say how much. After the reservation, I was kinda 'away' for about two months. :biglaugh:

Wow $15,880! Did that include the $1000 non refundable deposit? If so, thats $2000 beter than I did! I did call another Dealer the other day to see if they would still sell one. He called back and said it was over and that to the best of his knowledge 2500 had been sold. He did say that some dealers may have purchased 09's for their shops. So there may be a few on the showroom floor somewhere.

Attachments

• Misc to file110.jpg
    Misc to file110.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010153-1.jpg
    P1010153-1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12
Wow $15,880! Did that include the $1000 non refundable deposit? If so, thats $2000 beter than I did! I did call another Dealer the other day to see if they would still sell one. He called back and said it was over and that to the best of his knowledge 2500 had been sold. He did say that some dealers may have purchased 09's for their shops. So there may be a few on the showroom floor somewhere.

Yes. So whenever it does eventually show up, supposedly january, but I doubt it. I only need to bring $14,800 to the table.

Okay, so I was finally able to talk with the dealer in person the other day. He told me that very soon Yamaha will be offering a military discount, and that they were going to go ahead and give me that discount even though it's not official as of yet. I'm looking at about $16300, including the $1000 reservation fee. Not too shabby.

Back