Best mod you ever did?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are ways to modify your garage door opener to run off the horn or other momentary type switch you add in.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Installing-a-Garage-Door-opener-on-your-Motorcycle/
Here is a link to a company that makes a GDO: http://www.mo-door.com/index.html
Sean also can get you setup with the Venture wiring that can trigger several types of indicators or just LEDs.

Thanks for the link, this is exactly what I've been looking for, mo GDO. Ordered one last night

The best mod I have ever done to my bike was my cell phone charger/holder.

1621741_733032016730506_960376010_n.jpg

I can use the GPS, the digital speedo, snap pictures or take video, charge my phone, listen to my music and text all while I ride!

I know alot of people will list performance mods or maybe a set mod. But this is truely the best thing I have ever put on a bike.

Todd

+1. Love the RamMount GPS holder/charger on my bike. A close second is the hands-free headset for my helmet...I appreciate the wireless communication from rider to passenger, from the GPS and phone, and also being able to stream music to my helmet.

Blaine

+1. Love the RamMount GPS holder/charger on my bike. A close second is the hands-free headset for my helmet...I appreciate the wireless communication from rider to passenger, from the GPS and phone, and also being able to stream music to my helmet.

Blaine

Ram Mount builds some very high quality stuff. I have their laptop mount in my work truck, same one as the LEO's use in their cars.

Marchisini forged LW wheels and Pilot pure tires on my ducati 916- lowering the rotating weight dramatically...

-1, +2 f/r sprockets on my R1- holy shit what a difference!

Vmax, either the custom tempurpedic foam seat I made or the exhaust that makes it sound like a mini drag car lol

Best mod so far for me: adding a Vista Cruise throttle lock to my bike.
I have carpel tunnel, and after a bit, this allows me (when traffic allows me to use it safely) to set the throttle and relax my right hand for a minute or so.

10336803_10203287879773120_1501461940798604186_n.jpg

The best mod made to this whole Vmax experience was when I rebuilt the engine, during disassembly I saw as soon as I split the case that the oiling system was a disaster not waiting long to happen. As the pics show both "O" rings were bulging out of their seats.
Mod to the system was a Popper stopper and the PCW oil pump upgrade for insurance, and a COO oil pressure gauge plumbed direct to the aorta and mounted up top where I can see it.
Since the pics show the clutch open next to the oil pressure gauge line I'll say the Double D was an excellent mod also.

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20131228_111724.jpg
    20131228_111724.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 41
Back