Bleeder adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddo

Reaction score
I bought a power bleeder for doing the brakes on my truck and wanted to also use it for the clutch on the Vmax. Seems only Harley adapters are available. So I made my own. Now I can bleed my clutch and have fresh fluid in there.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• FILE0172.jpg
    FILE0172.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 52
  • FILE0175.jpg
    FILE0175.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48
  • FILE0196.jpg
    FILE0196.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 48
  • FILE0197.jpg
    FILE0197.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 44
  • FILE0195.jpg
    FILE0195.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 49
  • FILE0192.jpg
    FILE0192.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 52
Oooooh a beautiful stock fluid res. cap ruined! You could have put that clear hose on the slave nipple and pushed the fluid up to the master, perfect bleed in seconds....oh well, more than one way to bleed the cat.

I've thought about something like that. Front brakes are a bitch. I just did mine and it takes a longtime to get ALL the air out. Unbolting the caliper and raising it high seemed to work for me. An old rotor to clamp on helps. Your setup removes the issue of running dry and starting over. Well done. And, thanks for taking the time to submit pics of a good idea.
Steve

I don't see that working as you ruined the diaphragm and that is needed to create vacuum to allow fluid to run back to reservoir when releasing the lever. Are you planning to use a rubber plug on that through wall fitting? Try it and let us know how it went.

Been done this way for over 50 years on cars and trucks all the way until high pressure ant-lock systems came about. A cover and diaphragm are sacrificed to make a time saving tool. Brake bleeding is a mess. My hat is off to any new ideas to save the Vmax community time and trouble.

Personally I prefer the speed bleeders I got from Sean. I put them on all my calipers and it has made bleeding the brakes a 2 minute job.

Back