Boxenstopp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Anybody had any dealings with Boxenstopp?

I've emailed these guys 3 times with no reply.

Are they still around?

I just purchased mini turn signals from them last week.
I called a few times before i got someone on the line.
I guess you just have to be patient:confused2:

I talked to Joe @ Boxenstopp last Thursday on the phone. I asked him if he was going to be open Saturday. He said Yeah shuwa.
I went up there this morning and got there at 20 after 10 and he was closed. He was also closed last Saturday.
I need my 12,000 mile service and I needed a new front tire and I needed to have the HH pads I bought put on.
Well after riding all the way up there last Saturday and again this Saturday and him being closed. I decided to get a Dunlop Qualifier put on at the Stealership instead (they were out of Metzelers in my size). They only charged me 79 for the tire and 54 to put it on. Then I went and got my own oil, filter and spark plugs, now I'm going to do the pads, plugs & oil myself. And I'll have to find a decent carb tuner so I can do that myself also.
I guess Joe does not keep regular hours if he has no work to do. I like Joe, Don't get me wrong. I'd rather pay him to service my bike. But I just don't have the time to keep running up there for nothing.

So keep trying him by phone during the week is your best bet.

I just visited Boxenstopp's new location this past Wednesday ( 7-30-08) & I had a great experience. The dude is GIANT & his english is a little rough, but he was very personable & gave me a quick tour of the new garage. His 'Max was there as well as one on the lift he just rebuilt the motor on recently. He has a back room with lot's of used parts in it & he's connected to Vmaxxers in Germany that ship in some cool custom parts that he shows off in the front room. He was kind of pressed for time as he is in the middle of moving shops, so I just bought a t-shirt & patch & will probably order some used parts online as soon as money permits. No, I didn't ride there - no way the wife is riding 195 miles on my 'Max with no back rest - lol - maybe next time ...

I sent an email to them, i was interested in the forward controls. Somebody else replied and said i should call because Joe doesn't know how to use computers very well.:ummm::confused2:

Sounds a lot like all my dealings with most of the Vmax vendors. Not into emails is what I've come away with in almost all my max dealings. Sean Morley and Dale Walker are the two best ones with Bill at Wild Bros coming in a close third at getting back to you asap...:eusa_dance:

ordered forward controls from Boxenstopp back in February '09 and it is May 7 '09. 3 months. no controls. I ordered a set to save time, could make them myself. (except very busy these days). I'll give it to May 30, then make my own (Miller 185 Mig welder project) and ask for a refund.
Joe is a nice guy but not much on customer service. I'll post how this deal turns out.

P.S. I made a "Starfighter" lowered seat myself and recovered with a vinyl (black cowhide grain look )that has stretch built into it. Also built a little more width into the seat.easy job. But now I need a little more leg room, hence the forward controls.

Smackdown

Forward controls came in May 14, 2009. No directions, but high quality.

Joe is a good guy, but I will only order from Boxenstopp again if all else fails (and it usually does!!).

Smackdown

Joe,

At Boxenstopp is hard to get a hold of enven on the phone once in awhile. I have always had good luck with him. I had purchased the R1 caliper brackets for the early forks from him and the widened rear wheel. Very nice stuff!

Well worth the wait I think

Scooter

Latest posts

Back