Bracket for 4/1 stand use

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the thread about the Fischer swingarm. There was a link to a German co manufacturing VMax stuff, they recommend using this bracket for the stand (which stand) when installing a 4/1 exhaust
http://www.V-max-F-Maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/120/128a_en.html

But I am unsure of its purpose. Is it for the centerstand to not hit the 4/1 or what? I just bought a Kerker chrome 4/1 used exhaust system and I was wondering if this will allow me to use my centerstand, i.e., does this relocate the centerstand or is it merely something to prevent the centerstand from hitting the pipes when it is retracted? Yes, I know the Kerker requires removing the right centerstand frame-mounted clevis and bending at least the left clevis for clearance. The Mark's 4/1 does not require cutting the clevis evidently.

Since I wish to retain the centerstand, I may sell the Kerker 4/1, it's not perfect but it's all there & functional. I also have a pair of Jardine RT-1's slip-ons in nice shape I may be listing in the parts section. They have s.s. pipes into the cans & the cans are alu-min'-i-um, as our U.K. brothers prefer to say.

i've personally haven't changed out an exhaust, but i've been following others. those tabs look alot like the center stand tabs that--ah crap, forgot who posted the pics--one of the members showed that he trimmed when he installed his kerkers. i'm betting, like you reckon, its to help move the center stand out of the way so that the center stand can be kept with the kerkers. just a guess, though.

Yeah, I don't think the Kerker 4/1 aligns correctly w/o removing the centerstand clevis on the right side of the frame. I looked in the Exhaust section of the Tech threads for a search on the Kerker, that's where I saw the cut diagrams & pics for trimming the frame.

A "frog-choker" downpour going on right now, my Manchester terrier wants to hang-out really close as he hates the thunder & lightning.

Latest posts

Back