Brake Discs non VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Got some EBC discs/pads for the car. Put them on but when I spin the wheel I can hear a contact spot (pad is contacting disc in that one spot..on both rotors). Can the rotor be out of true out of the box or am I missing something? Old rotor pads don't do this.

I am an ex auto mechanic. I have had this before on many cars I've replaced the rotors and pads on.They should work just fine as long as the caliper and the slides are not bound up. Take the car out for a ride and see if the peddle pulses or pulls when braking if not you'll be fine. Just DO NOT drive down the street at 100 mph and slam on the brakes to test thier stopping power, you'll just glaze them over. Let them seat under normally driving conditions and they should be OK.

Can you define bound up? If the wheel is on and I spin it..no it does'nt prevent spinning but If I remove wheel and try to spin the rotor by hand it is difficult to do and does'nt spin much

That can be caused by all kinds of things like heat or even over torquing the lug nuts.
No rotors are perfectly flat, but you may think about having them turned if it bothers you too much. Like said, let them seat and if it still bothers you cut the rotors.

:punk: Drive it and then check them again. Are these new rotors and pads from EBC. Once I drive mine the calipers center themselves again in the brackets. I always buy their rotor/pads combo on Ebay and change both. Good luck, Spurs

Called EBC..the place I bought them from have the wrong part number listed on the website for my vehicle :bang head:. Oh well at least now I know something felt wrong and I was'nt nuts.

I'm sure that you took care of this but it's real easy to get a little piece of shmutz between the rotor and it's mounting surface. Clean, clean, clean. I wipe both and then a spray of brake clean or at least an air blast on the mounting surfaces.
Good Luck,
Lew

Latest posts

Back