Cafe Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it. I don't want to know what it would take to convert my Vmax into something like that, money wise. Every bit of that looks custom, and yeah it's the 1700 so maybe we need a younger brother out there. awesome. I need the 1200cc version. So, I wonder what I could gradually do, once my Vmax is healthy and all that, to slowly get a look closer to the Cafe... damn that's hot. I'd consider sacrificing the vintage-ness of what's sitting covered in my apartment building parking lot for a Cafe-inspired bike..so, quick question...

what must be preserved to still be able to call it a Vmax?

I love it. I don't want to know what it would take to convert my Vmax into something like that, money wise. Every bit of that looks custom, and yeah it's the 1700 so maybe we need a younger brother out there. awesome. I need the 1200cc version. So, I wonder what I could gradually do, once my Vmax is healthy and all that, to slowly get a look closer to the Cafe... damn that's hot. I'd consider sacrificing the vintage-ness of what's sitting covered in my apartment building parking lot for a Cafe-inspired bike..so, quick question...

Take a look at wildweasel pt-

Who cares what other people think? I'll ask for opinions on my bikes when someone else starts financing my builds!

One of my best friends gets a kick out of all the BMW airhead purists having a canary over his R100 based dirtbike or his R90S sidecar rig.

Who cares what other people think? I'll ask for opinions on my bikes when someone else starts financing my builds!

One of my best friends gets a kick out of all the BMW airhead purists having a canary over his R100 based dirtbike or his R90S sidecar rig.

Perhaps I should have been a little more specific...I meant more along the means of legality. I'm thinking it's strictly the engine, like VIN? Is that how it works, and even then, one can customize many innerds of the engine I'm assuming, so what's the bare minimum?... If I etch my Vmax VIN into my Klein 21 speed, is that my Vmax now?....i'm joking but you get the idea... just curious.. keep in mind I'm an open-minded know-nothing newbie.

Looks cool. Not really MY style..but I do like it.
As far as the question of what makes it a max?..I say the motor AND scoops...the scoops are the menacing giveaway from a distance.
;)

Ymmv

Perhaps I should have been a little more specific...I meant more along the means of legality. I'm thinking it's strictly the engine, like VIN? Is that how it works, and even then, one can customize many innerds of the engine I'm assuming, so what's the bare minimum?... If I etch my Vmax VIN into my Klein 21 speed, is that my Vmax now?....i'm joking but you get the idea... just curious.. keep in mind I'm an open-minded know-nothing newbie.

In the USA they only care about the VIN number. You can really do whatever you want as long as it passes any inspections you're required to have in your state of residence. Half the people I ride with don't even care about that because the cops seem to look the other way with bikes.

As far as the question of what makes it a max?..I say the motor AND scoops...the scoops are the menacing giveaway from a distance.
;)

Ymmv
+1, right, it's just one of those things....HAS to have the scoops, even if they're drawn in with a Sharpie!

Every state is different.
Here is a synopsis of how PA handles custom builds/rebuilds
http://blog.rullocustomcycles.com/2015/01/i-built-my-own-custom-motorcycle-and.html

;)

Ymmv

+1 Then to each their own.

Back